non-broody fowl keepers

No im asking fluffy because I want to know your breeds and if they are known to go broody or not

Oh, when I've said it a bunch of times but I guess saying it once more doesn't hurt. Right now I have six mature landrace Tsouloufati hens, supposedly very broody. Then I have two bantam pullets, one silkie mix and a possible Greek bantam breed/mix. I also have two elderly ISA brown hens

Oh, when I've said it a bunch of times but I guess saying it once more doesn't hurt. Right now I have six mature landrace Tsouloufati hens, supposedly very broody. Then I have two bantam pullets, one silkie mix and a possible Greek bantam breed/mix. I also have two elderly ISA brown hens
And none want to go broody huh? Maybe I should send my Yokohama mix hen Yokie jr over there to show them how its done! She might just steal all your eggs and hatch them herself though 🤣

And none want to go broody huh? Maybe I should send my Yokohama mix hen Yokie jr over there to show them how its done! She might just steal all your eggs and hatch them herself though 🤣

Wouldn't care, she could steal every single one and I'd thank her. But good luck managing to send her all this way

Wouldn't care, she could steal every single one and I'd thank her. But good luck managing to send her all this way
Lol ok. She is actually a great broody hen I can put my hand under her and she never pecks me. She is also a great mother. She went broody a few weeks ago but I didn't want her broody this time. I heard if you dip a broody hen in water it will make them not broody so that is what I did and it worked. I feel like it is much better for her to be scratching around outside rather than sitting on an empty nest in a dusty coop.

This is her by the way

Attachments

• 20230505_145522.jpg
    20230505_145522.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom