North Carolina ban to Kill Numerous Breeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuckyuck.gif

I'm more terrified of that Doxie!
hide.gif

look at those evil glowing eyes!, that vicious snarl!, those enormous dagger-like teeth....

I bet that Dob. doesn't want to make a wrong move!
gig.gif

"Don't move, it can't see you if you don't move"

Last edited:
Quote:
Well Al, I'm so sorry you have had bad experiences with pit bulls. If you think about it, those dogs were bred to be in the pit with an owner and a referee. Any dog that bit a human in those circumstances was put down. Pits should not be human aggressive, ever, and if they are they should be put down. Careless breeding by stupid people and stupid owners unable to give a strong willed breed the guidence it needs are the problem.

As Jamie pointed out, some individual dogs are going to have temperament issues. The ONLY dogs that have ever bitten me in a training situation are golden retriever and a couple of border collies. I've been bitten by a dachshund and a mini schnauzer while being a vet tech. I don't feel those breeds should be wiped off the earth.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more!

I agree, a lot of the "problem" is caused by the media.

There were a couple of hound mixes in town running loose that attacked somebody and were labeled pit bulls by the media. A vet at the county shelter made the newspaper print a retraction.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more!

I agree, a lot of the "problem" is caused by the media.

There were a couple of hound mixes in town running loose that attacked somebody and were labeled pit bulls by the media. A vet at the county shelter made the newspaper print a retraction.

Same thing happened around here. Only it was a fox hound, and three lab mixes. After our vet said something they printed that it was "misinformation". Yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom