North Carolina

LF=? I'm not sure what that stands for but she is not bantam, LARGE FOWL? she's as big as my regular brahma's
They are the sweetest chickens so laid back.. If feed wasn't so expensive i would have never given them up.
sad.png

Good evening everyone. I don't know about you all, but I can say that this weather sure has me feeling mighty slothful. I spent most of the day outside with DD and the chickens just soaking up some Vitamin D and enjoying the weather!! I will say, I managed to get the laundry hung up on the line (and folded), as well as diapers stuffed, but a good portion of the day was just spent loafing...I hope others were more productive than I was!!
lau.gif

Here is a picture of the boys feeding the chickens grass from today.
4667_feeding_chickens3.jpg

Our BR roo. He is actually the submissive rooster even though he is larger than our EE roo. He does not crow. He is our only different color in our flock! I'm considering getting a couple BR hens for him or just getting some different colored hens in general. My ODS says this is his buddy! He used to love picking him up and toting him around when he was a chick.
4667_br_roo.jpg

Our EE roo. He crows daily throughout the day and night. He is the dominant roo even though he is the smaller of the 2 roosters we have.
4667_ee_roo.jpg

I'm hoping that I can get our dipes out on the line later in the week, they are so much brighter after a good sunning! I got nothing done today, the girls did not want to cooperate!

Good evening everyone. I don't know about you all, but I can say that this weather sure has me feeling mighty slothful. I spent most of the day outside with DD and the chickens just soaking up some Vitamin D and enjoying the weather!! I will say, I managed to get the laundry hung up on the line (and folded), as well as diapers stuffed, but a good portion of the day was just spent loafing...I hope others were more productive than I was!!
lau.gif

Anyone want some EE chicks? I'll have 20 plus(probably more than that, just aiming low) available next week. Also some barnyard mixes due same hatch.

Today was beautiful!! I was able to get out a bit to work in my garden and tend chickens. Tomorrow its supposed to rain, and I'm hoping it won't be too much rain! I'm so thankful for warm weather and ready for spring to be here for good.

Marlow, that BR roo is so pretty!!

Everyone have a great evening!

Anyone want some EE chicks? I'll have 20 plus(probably more than that, just aiming low) available next week. Also some barnyard mixes due same hatch.
Today was beautiful!! I was able to get out a bit to work in my garden and tend chickens. Tomorrow its supposed to rain, and I'm hoping it won't be too much rain! I'm so thankful for warm weather and ready for spring to be here for good.
Marlow, that BR roo is so pretty!!
Everyone have a great evening!

Thank you for the compliment! He is a pretty bird and of course he stands out in our all red/brown flock. I wouldn't mind getting a couple BR hens to add maybe or some cochins, orps, or even turkens. I had been considering seeing about trading him for some hens but now I am considering just adding a few hens so our roo/hen ratio isn't so off. Right now we are at 6 hens and 2 roos.

Back
Top Bottom