North Carolina

I took some video of our 7 hens and 5 guineas (ok, well, 4 guineas and one bonus hen
roll.png
) The only time they all get to interact is when we let the hens out of the chicken run in the evening. The guineas are FAST and they aggravate the heck out of the hens - it's hilarious to watch!

Here are the 'aracuana' chickens that my neighbor gave me. The black and white one I know is a roo, he has a beautiful pea comb, the other two I am not sure, they are probably 12 - 16 weeks old.

This is the positively a roo!
Not sure about this one, comb is tiny but pretty red and no waddles to speak of

This is the other one that I don't know if it's a hen or roo, small red comb, no waddles
Any help out there?

welcome-byc.gif
to the new folk.......

So my LAST shipped eggs are due this week. Then the big bator gets shut down.
hit.gif
My office will then be cleared out and painted and some vinyl floor thrown in, new curtains etc.
big_smile.png

Did I mention that I swapped some eggs for a third " small" incubator .
lau.gif
celebrate.gif
So I will incubate in the Genesis and hatch in the two Brinsea ECOs.
wink.png

If you are then you have PLENTY of company! LOL
Seems good company! I'm so far from everyone though! Feel left out, you guys go to the chicken swaps and stuff, we don't have anything like that near here
sad.png

So I have to live my chicken fantasies through you guys! Love to read of your acquisitions at the swaps. Have to introduce the Buff babies to the Ara...whatever the heck they are
wink.png
this weekend. Looking forward to turning the BO's loose. They are so sweet, they run to me and stand in line waiting a turn to be picked up and cuddled.
I am still so upset about Marcus, Red, Rosie and Chip, my sweet babies that had never had any kind of rough handling and had been together all of their short lives
hit.gif
Red used to get so upset if Chip or Rosie got out of the lot, he would pace and fuss and then give them heck when they got back in. I intensely dislike that guy at work, he had better steer clear!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom