North Carolina

I wait till night and go out with a flash light and hold the flash light at the top with one hand and place the egg on top of the hand holding the flash light and move it around with the other hand.

Good Monday Afternoon Everyone!!
Busy last few days as we had the in-laws visiting and it was just chaotic!! My MIL refused to eat at our place IF we processed a chicken and had it for dinner while she was here.
idunno.gif
Guess she doesn't think about how they get to her plate when she buys them at the grocery store then. LOL
SUPER excited as DH has moved the soon to be new broody box for the Freedom Rangers we have coming on Friday!?! They are closer to the house so we can keep an eye on them until they are "old enough" to be let lose for a few hours. My sad news...my poor broody mama REFUSES to get off her nest although the 3 eggs she's sitting on did NOT hatch. She's been sitting on these eggs for 40 days (duck eggs) and I think they were just too damaged from the predator attack or something. Regardless, she refuses to get off the nest. We take her off, and she's back on sitting in an empty nest or steals eggs to sit on. Any advice? She has literally been sitting on eggs of some sort now for almost the entire summer. What do we do?!?

Hope everyone has a great week...LOTS of rain this way, BUT...I spent Saturday learning to can Bread and Butter Pickles with the help of my MIL...not sure if they came out right as...well...she said they tasted "different" (I couldn't taste them due to the fact they have onions in them and I'm allergic to onions! LOL). Harvested some Haogen Melon, Watermelon and TONS more cucumbers from the garden...a special THANK YOU to Hollow for giving us advice on when to plant! This is the best garden we've had and I just found out the peppers and tomatoes that we planted from seed are actually growing and about to FRUIT!!
celebrate.gif
Here's hoping for some SALSA!!
Enjoy your day...hope you can stay somewhat dry!

Good Monday Afternoon Everyone!!
  Busy last few days as we had the in-laws visiting and it was just chaotic!!  My MIL refused to eat at our place IF we processed a chicken and had it for dinner while she was here.  :idunno   Guess she doesn't think about how they get to her plate when she buys them at the grocery store then.  LOL
  SUPER excited as DH has moved the soon to be new broody box for the Freedom Rangers we have coming on Friday!?!  They are closer to the house so we can keep an eye on them until they are "old enough" to be let lose for a few hours.  My sad news...my poor broody mama REFUSES to get off her nest although the 3 eggs she's sitting on did NOT hatch.  She's been sitting on these eggs for 40 days (duck eggs) and I think they were just too damaged from the predator attack or something.  Regardless, she refuses to get off the nest.  We take her off, and she's back on sitting in an empty nest or steals eggs to sit on.  Any advice?  She has literally been sitting on eggs of some sort now for almost the entire summer.  What do we do?!?

Hope everyone has a great week...LOTS of rain this way, BUT...I spent Saturday learning to can Bread and Butter Pickles with the help of my MIL...not sure if they came out right as...well...she said they tasted "different" (I couldn't taste them due to the fact they have onions in them and I'm allergic to onions!  LOL).  Harvested some Haogen Melon, Watermelon and TONS more cucumbers from the garden...a special THANK YOU to Hollow for giving us advice on when to plant!  This is the best garden we've had and I just found out the peppers and tomatoes that we planted from seed are actually growing and about to FRUIT!!  :celebrate   Here's hoping for some SALSA!!
  Enjoy your day...hope you can stay somewhat dry!  

Try sticking a couple of the freedom ranger chicks under her Friday night. With as desperate as she is for chicks I'd say she would probably do good adopting some.

X2 ..I was thinking the same thing.
thumbsup.gif
x3 on them freedom rangers, take about 4 of them and put them under her at night and remove any eggs she has at the same time. Than watch her the next day to see how she does. She might not get off the nest the next day but should the day after that. Just make sure there is chick feed and water there as the chicks might come out from under her to eat and drink. The chick feed won't hurt her.

got an email from Meyer telling me they shiiped my chicks out today 35 asst pullets. :eek: they weren't supposed to send them until Sept 2nd. i called and said whats the big idea sending them two weeks early!! they said o well we had the availability to send them this week, so we did. I was like what if I was out of town or something! she didn't have an anwser for that one! o well guess I'll have a butt load of chicks very soon. They are arriving the same day as my shipment of cochins from a breeder, and 2 days before a hatch a 30 eggs is due. hmmmm gonna have like 60 chicks all at once! :eek: :th this should be FUN!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Congrats on all the new chicks folks. By spring time
you will be up to your ears in eggs
big_smile.png

It's finally getting a little cooler but also wetter so that
makes it an interesting deal for working in the yard
since I have limited time for it.....earning those pennies
comes first.........need to have enough to buy chicken feed
lau.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif