North Carolina

Exciting things around here today - my son found a guinea nest but there were only 6 eggs in it. I decided to put them under my broody lemon cuckoo orp hen. I hope she will stay on them. Not sure how that will pan out if they hatch! Usually, I incubate them so I'm sure to get keets. I really need a few more to help with ticks. Inside today, the Tolbunt Polish egg has pipped. It was given to me at the big Chicken Show in Winston Salem 3 weeks ago. I'm dying to see it. Its been about 12 hours and we can see the beak but no zipping yet. I guess I will wait until the morning to check again and see the status. Looks like the Spanish egg may have been a late quitter :( The Call Duck egg is still progressing but I think they take an extra week longer than the chick eggs....does anyone know anything about Call Duck eggs????

So sorry to read about the chick that was lost to the hail....that is so sad.... We had bad winds and brief, heavy rains but everyone fared well, thank goodness. It was scary for a bit. Chickens were smart enough to go inside.

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

It's going to be a long day, trying to finish what I didn't get done yesterday. Still, lots of what I wanted to get done this weekend can wait. No worries!

Enjoy your day!

Waiting to hear how WCA was today. I had to go to work for a couple hours today, so couldn't go. :( Hopefully next weekend I'll be there, though. And at least twice a month allllllllll summer long! :D

Last edited:
Waiting to hear how WCA was today. I had to got to work for a couple hours today, so couldn't go.
sad.png
Hopefully next weekend I'll be there, though. And at least twice a month allllllllll summer long!
big_smile.png

Short and Sweet..... Under 250 boxes, done by 4:00-4:30. Nothing spectacular. I did come home with goose eggs.
smile.png

Waiting to hear how WCA was today. I had to got to work for a couple hours today, so couldn't go. :( Hopefully next weekend I'll be there, though. And at least twice a month allllllllll summer long! :D

Short and Sweet.....   Under 250 boxes, done by 4:00-4:30.   Nothing spectacular.   I did come home with goose eggs.  :)
Wow! That was really short! Nothing special...other than goose eggs? :)

Next weekend. Gotta.

OK, here's how sick I am in the head......after church, we rode out to daughter and son-in-law's property they just bought, to see the clearing he has done, they will be building a house soon. DH and Son In Law walked out into the woods, down to the pond, to check out some things, and daughter and I stayed in the truck with the grandkids. When they walked back out of the woods, I saw "eggs" in my husbands hand, got all excited and was yelling, "what kind are they?!!" He looked confused and said, "GOLF."

I'll put just about anything in the incubator, but not golf balls. Dammit.

OK, here's how sick I am in the head......after church, we rode out to daughter and son-in-law's property they just bought, to see the clearing he has done, they will be building a house soon. DH and Son In Law walked out into the woods, down to the pond, to check out some things, and daughter and I stayed in the truck with the grandkids. When they walked back out of the woods, I saw "eggs" in my husbands hand, got all excited and was yelling, "what kind are they?!!" He looked confused and said, "GOLF."

I'll put just about anything in the incubator, but not golf balls. Dammit.
yuckyuck.gif

I know a few people like that!
thumbsup.gif

Scott

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Birdie.......too funny...thanks for a good laugh
gig.gif

Our youngest is here for the week.....visiting as she is
coming from Ohio and heading to Oklahoma. I'm trying
to convince her to stay here....I worry about the weather
in Oklahoma......don't need her trying to play Dorthy.....
she doesn't have a Toto
lau.gif

hope your day is a good one
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom