North Carolina

Good morning Y'all,

In 12 hours I will be in the air on my way back to my family in the Philippines. I was born and raised here in Johnston County and though I will now be living in the Philippines a lot of my heart will still be here in North Carolina. I have so many beautiful and wonderful memories of living and growing up here that North Carolina will always be my real home. I'm turning over the care of my flock to my best friend, sister, and brother. So I know they will be in good hands. I will look forward to catching up on all the posts made during the next 3 days. I have learned a lot from BYC'ers and will learn more in the future.

Bye for now and happy flocking to everyone.

Jimmy

Travel safe! Enjoy settling in to your new home!

We have Buckeyes, Bresse, Dominiques., and, a few Silkies and Bantam Choc Orpington.

Hatching eggs now, Chicks soon (in the incubator).

We also have some extra Buckeye Cockerels.

NPIP / AI clean certified!

Just for the record, I love how the number of posts goes way down on the weekends as everyone plays catch-up!

This morning I cleaned out the pullet house, wormed them, finished overlaying the field fence, and attempted a hawk distractor/chicken hide area where the hawks got the last chicken (and perhaps the one prior) I also rebedded all the nest boxes in the pullet house, the Welsummer house, the Marans house, and part of the Orpington house before I ran out of hay. Also filled all the water drums but one. Hubby will get that one for me. And I switched the feed can in the pullet house out for a drum. There are 50-some POL pullets there. They needed the bigger feed holder.

I'm tired now, so am on break...then start house stuff. And grading. Must grade that exam. Ugh. (I teach for free, but they have to pay me to grade!)

Enjoy your catch-up!

After a long and beautiful day of repairing pens, feeding the hogs, and moving hens.....I've come to the conclusion...I need more ROOSTERS!

I need Splash anything full size and Ameracaunas of any color. I could also use about 5 more Barred Rock hens. :)

Wow it has been FOREVER since I've been on BYC!
ep.gif

How has everyone been???

What are all of your guys' views on trimming for fertility? I've got some chocolate Orps I'm planning on hatching chicks from but they have a ton of poof in their trunk
tongue.png
. I mean so much I wouldn't be surprised if none of their eggs were fertile. I've heard things about plucking vs. trimming (how plucking doesn't leave sharp and pointy ends to hurt the birds, but how the feathers grow back faster; and how trimming can leave [pointy and sharp vent feathers that can hurt the chickens during mating). Never really bothered with any of this before because I wasn't big in hatching, but this spring I'm gonna start up

thumbsup.gif
We got Wellies, Choc. Orps, and BBS Orps on the schedule to come out of our bator this spring

Hey Everybody, I'm new to BYC but it's good to see there are quite a few fellow North Carolinians on here!
frow.gif
Hello from Nash County... You will love BYC,
love.gif
there are so many boards to choose from depending on you interest or you need to know at that moment. Have found that people on here are kind and helpful...Hope you like it as much as I have. Lots of constructive criticism on here....all meant to help and coming from experiences of their own,.
wee.gif

frow.gif
Hello from Nash County... You will love BYC,
love.gif
there are so many boards to choose from depending on you interest or you need to know at that moment. Have found that people on here are kind and helpful...Hope you like it as much as I have. Lots of constructive criticism on here....all meant to help and coming from experiences of their own,.
wee.gif
Thanks jt. I'm enjoying everything on here so far. What part of Nash county? I'm near Hickory but I pass through Nashville and Rocky Mount on 64 quite a few times every year.

Back
Top Bottom