North Carolina

So, I have a weird question... I'm planning on getting NPIP certified soon, but was wondering... How do you actually *say* NPIP? I've been saying "en-pip", is that right? Or does everyone actually say each letter: "en-pee-eye-pee"? I warned you about it being a weird question....
wink.png
"en-pee-eye-pee" with a cadence.
Scott

So, I have a weird question... I'm planning on getting NPIP certified soon, but was wondering... How do you actually *say* NPIP? I've been saying "en-pip", is that right? Or does everyone actually say each letter: "en-pee-eye-pee"? I warned you about it being a weird question....
wink.png

N-pip OR N.P.I.P.

sad.png
Well, I'm missing 2 of my free-range older hens, A dark brahma and a RIR. We had a dog visit us and the owner didn't realize the dog would chase chickens ! He chased them into the tree line... 2 of the four came back up but 2 didn't....
hit.gif
. It was so hard to close up that coop that nite! Waited till almost nine. I kept watching out the window but no sign of them. What really ****** me off was that as my visitor was leaving, of course the dog was again NOT on a leash! AGAIN, it started chasing my last 2 chickens into the tree line.
he.gif
they left thank heavens but I didn't know whether I would get the last 2 chickens back. They are over 2 years old and are my old ladies but they were also my first 4,They haven't been laying much during this heat but their eggs are so good (from free ranging). I keep hoping that the other 2 have found safety and will return but I am very doubtful. Too many predators down in that tree line.
somad.gif

:( Well, I'm missing 2 of my free-range older hens,  A dark brahma and a RIR.  We had a dog visit us and the owner didn't realize the dog would chase chickens !  He chased them into the tree line... 2 of the four came back up but 2 didn't....:hit . It was so hard to close up that coop that nite!  Waited till almost nine.  I kept watching out the window but no sign of them.  What really ****** me off was that as my visitor was leaving, of course the dog was again NOT on a leash!  AGAIN, it started chasing my last 2 chickens into the tree line.:he they left thank heavens but I didn't know whether I would get the last 2 chickens back. They are over 2 years old and are my old ladies but they were also my first 4,They haven't been laying much during this heat but their eggs are so good (from free ranging).  I keep hoping that the other 2 have found safety and will return but I am very doubtful. Too many predators down in that tree line.:mad:

Sorry about your ladies! Hopefully, they'll come home soon! I had the same thing happen with a visitor and his dog. The worst part was that the owner just stood there and did nothing while my husband chased down the dog and pried our chicken out of it's mouth! He even seemed to think it was funny. I guess they have chickens too, but they're not pets like ours, so idk... He didn't seem to get why we were so upset. (The owner, not the dog) Our prettiest chicken lost all her tail feathers and was so spooked about everything after that. I don't understand how people can be so clueless sometimes!

Sorry about your ladies! Hopefully, they'll come home soon! I had the same thing happen with a visitor and his dog. The worst part was that the owner just stood there and did nothing while my husband chased down the dog and pried our chicken out of it's mouth! He even seemed to think it was funny. I guess they have chickens too, but they're not pets like ours, so idk... He didn't seem to get why we were so upset. (The owner, not the dog) Our prettiest chicken lost all her tail feathers and was so spooked about everything after that. I don't understand how people can be so clueless sometimes!
I am so sorry to hear that!

Just say hi from Wilmington!

Hello back from Fayetteville! My Dad and sister just moved to Wilmington. They absolutely love it! Gives me a nice excuse to visit the beach often too! :) Also, thanks for the kind words. My chicken survived.... Her tail is just not as luxurious now. Lol

I am having an issue with my Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. He's chasing my 3 little chickens. He use to chase my neighbors chickens out of my yard and into the wood lining. ( which the chickens are quit use to) they still come in our yard but stay in the woods. He has cornered them more the once but has never actually attacked them. However with my little ones I still don't trust him. It's funny because he's my big sweetie. Loves other animals,people .. Something about chickens just makes him crazy Lol. But my beagal mix who HATES other animals adoreds the chickens Lol.

Back
Top Bottom