North Carolina

Mornin' Hen Tymes....stayin warm here, so long as I stay in the house...lol
Only 24 degrees here (outside), so of course I had to chip ice out of the outside waterers.
All my babies dove right in to their breakfast of oatmeal, chopped pumpkin pie and string beans
Of course, no amount of cold stops the roos from their morning dances, crowing and showing off.

I'll check out the new thread---thanks

Good morin North Carolina, Hope everyone is toasty this morning. It's only 28 here this morning you beat us B.C.. By the way I am very much looking forward to my first show, And really will have to make plans to get together, do you show your Silkies B.C? Please tell me all about these shows since I've never been to one. Hope everyone has a great day!!
smile.png

frow.gif
Welcome Want Less

I've spent quite a bit of time in New Bern....my parents live in Little Washington. Mom called last night to say it was snowing there.....are you getting any snow?

Miss Lydia~~~are you staying warm this morning???

The wind
barnie.gif
I can stand the cold, and the snow, etc....but that wind!! it cuts through you like a knife. Fortunately, I've gotten most of the runs completely enclosed with heavy plastic....but, of course, theres two walls I hadn't gotten to.

Frozen outside waterers again... and we've turned off the outside faucets...so I get to trudge through the house with dirty boots to refill waterers everyday now.

Good thing I don't have neighbors....I'm sure I look a site in my nightgown, sweat pants, heavy coat, beagle ears hat, gloves, and snow boots
lau.gif

anything for the Silkies though...

Good morning BC, Yep staying warm as long as I don't go out, We finally got enough snow for it to lay all over about 2" and more to come. I love snow but I'm with you about the wind. yuck!!! How about you did ya'll get snow? I know I look great too when going out in the morning to feed. But it's nice to be able to wear jammies when going out. no neighbors to peak out their windows. lol I have heated water buckets and heated dog waterer should look into those sure does help, but I still have to carry buckets of fresh out daily.
sad.png
Went to Burnsville Christmas parade yesterday it snowed and was very pretty. well it's suppose to be 26 here today with winds up to 25 mile an hour, sounds like fun huh? we'll probably take the dogs for a walk later. We didn't get to go to Church today because of the weather. Have a great day!!
cool.png
...................................Want Less I love your website very nicely done. Wish I could do more on the computer than just turn it on

Last edited:
Quote:
Want Less...I checked out your blog page and noticed you're looking for Black Copper Marans. One of my FB friends has a fan page for her farm and has Black Copper Marans...she's in Chatham County.

We've had snow flurries since last night Miss Lydia~~~but with this very wind, you can't see any in the yard. There MUST be a giant snowball at the end of the valley
ep.gif

Everyone has water "inside" their houses, so I don't really have to chip the ice in the outside waterers, just makes me feel guility if I don't.

Just had a visit from Neeley'sAshvilleChic (probably spelled it wrong), what a sweet sparkly woman she is!! Think her husband is going to have to build a new pen though....
yippiechickie.gif
I let her snuggle a Silkie chick
gig.gif

Aww that was sweet, Is she looking to get Silkies for the first time, I've only ever seen pictures of them really excited to see some in person, well in chickson. You never did say if you show yours. I would love a new coop but it's hard to build them when your property goes straight up in back. The only flat part we have left is the driveway.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom