North Carolina

Yay! HOme from work. Everyone is fed and watered, hale and hearty. The chicks are doing well. Turkey eggs are pipping, but nobody has sprung free yet. Seems rather spring-like around here.

I'm in Winston Salem.

Welcome!!!!
frow.gif

I had a big day of working the garden, then took the little one to the dentist. She had a great check-up... no cavities... so we're doing something right!
clap.gif

welcome-byc.gif
to the new members.....
glad to meet you
frow.gif

been a long day and glad to be home

took a high school group to UNCWilmington for college day
and a very brief peek at Wrightsville beach
good thing I love to travel.......
probably why I drive a school bus
lau.gif

glad to see everyone had a good day
congrats on the chicks and pips,
broodies and all else

Congrats on the show HT......
sorry about your chick though, I had hoped for it
hugs.gif

I have a feeling I am going to lose my favorite baby boy.. He has wry neck and despite Vitamin E and some electrolytes, just keeps getting worse. As of now, I am coming home every day during my online class to check on him. He is totally separated from the other babies. He stays in the house in a nice fresh clean brooder box unless he's just having a really good day, then he gets to go outside for a little bit. He is at, what I've heard, is the worst stage of wry neck. He tucks his head under his body a lot and spasms like he doesn't have any control. I have been doing all I can and it just doesn't seem to be working... We are going to get the name of a vet in Sun Valley and try to get him some help.

This is where he lives now..

This was one of his better days.

Sorry but I've had a rough week with this and school and other stuff... I just needed to vent... I know I know it's not the right place but I didn't know who else would understand.

I have a feeling I am going to lose my favorite baby boy.. He has wry neck and despite Vitamin E and some electrolytes, just keeps getting worse. As of now, I am coming home every day during my online class to check on him. He is totally separated from the other babies. He stays in the house in a nice fresh clean brooder box unless he's just having a really good day, then he gets to go outside for a little bit. He is at, what I've heard, is the worst stage of wry neck. He tucks his head under his body a lot and spasms like he doesn't have any control. I have been doing all I can and it just doesn't seem to be working... We are going to get the name of a vet in Sun Valley and try to get him some help.

This is where he lives now..

This was one of his better days.

Sorry but I've had a rough week with this and school and other stuff... I just needed to vent... I know I know it's not the right place but I didn't know who else would understand.

he is such a cutie.
Are you feeding him medicated or non-medicated feed? If you are feeding medicated feed the Vitamin therapy can't work properly, has to be non-medicated feed.

This is the perfect place to vent because we do understand
hugs.gif

how long has this gone on? if its been more than 2 weeks and no improvement - I do believe it is time to find a way to end his suffering though. If he's on NON medicated feed and hasn't responded to vitamin therapy then its most likely coming from something neurological (tumor, brain swelling, head injury)

Godd morning! I got to sleep in today, which was lovely. And wasn't that a marvelous soaking rain we had yesterday? Well, some of us had! I don't need to water the trees we planted!

The poults are having a hard time getting through the membrane in their shells. I lost a couple Orp chicks because of that. They pipped, but couldn't tear that membrane. What is causing this? It wasn't on the BCM eggs that weren't laid here, but were in the same incubator. Humidity is good.

Back
Top Bottom