North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I have  a dozen plus white Ameraucanas, a dozen French BBS Marans, two dozen French Black Copper Marans, a dozen seramas, and a dozen plus Blue Wheaten/Wheaten Ameraucanas in the incubator.  Way too many for this time of year..:lau
what is your hatching rate? will 90% of them hatch? if so, :eek: WOW, that will be 72+ chicks. is this a normal hatch for you? God bless your hatch.
Do you sell your chicks? you must have a nice set-up.

I just candled my Silkied Ameracauna eggs. They are on day 14 and 17 out of 18 are showing advanced development!!!

Now I just need to wash my coop down with the OXINE and get everybody on Denegard. I am keeping these babies away until I think it will be safe for them to go out into the coop.

I am also doing my first fertility test hatch on my Isbar and Bielefelder breeding pens. Crossing my fingers for pullets!!

I just candled my Silkied Ameracauna eggs. They are on day 14 and 17 out of 18 are showing advanced development!!!

Now I just need to wash my coop down with the OXINE and get everybody on Denegard. I am keeping these babies away until I think it will be safe for them to go out into the coop. 

I am also doing my first fertility test hatch on my Isbar and Bielefelder breeding pens. Crossing my fingers for pullets!! 
Fingers & toes crossed. how do you use the oxine? is it a liquid? how many coops do you have to wash? Good Luck!!
here are my SGD/AM mix.... i love them
hatched May
here she is w/her buddy a SGD cockrel
This SGD/AM mix, i incubated 4.7.16
she is a little lighter in color. they all have 5 toes
this is one of the RD pullets i hatched... when is a pullet a hen? when she starts laying?
this is my RD cockrel. i will not breed him, cuz he has curled toes on his right foot... he is a sweetheart cuz i had to handle him alot. he just started crowing about 4-5 days ago.
when is a cockrel a rooster?

Woot wooot!!

Fingers & toes crossed. how do you use the oxine? is it a liquid? how many coops do you have to wash? Good Luck!!
here are my SGD/AM mix.... i love them
hatched May
here she is w/her buddy a SGD cockrel
This SGD/AM mix, i incubated 4.7.16
she is a little lighter in color. they all have 5 toes
this is one of the RD pullets i hatched... when is a pullet a hen? when she starts laying?
this is my RD cockrel. i will not breed him, cuz he has curled toes on his right foot... he is a sweetheart cuz i had to handle him alot. he just started crowing about 4-5 days ago.
when is a cockrel a rooster?
Very pretty birds!!

The oxine is a liquid that you spray the coop down with. I am researching how other here have used it. I also have Denegard to put in the waterers. Any one showing bad symptoms may get a shot of Tylan also if it is compatible with the Denegard

Very pretty birds!! 

The oxine is a liquid that you spray the coop down with. I am researching how other here have used it. I also have Denegard to put in the waterers. Any one showing bad symptoms may get a shot of Tylan also if it is compatible with the Denegard
Do you have to clean out the coop floor and spray and then lay new shavings or whatever you use on floor? How many coops? sounds like a lot of work.
Blessings
P.S. I forgot to say that the Silver Grey Dorking mixed breed is bred w/a White AM (WAM) over a SGD.
I can hardly wait to see how the SGD pullets grow out to. and the Rooster too.
this is the 4wo SGD pullet... isnt she adorable?

edit to add pic

Last edited:
@CyndiD Your birds have pretty coloration. I haven't done any mixing of varieties. Are you able to let them free range? I let free range a select few birds out when I am out. Otherwise I can't. Our house is in the middle of a cornfield and the I hear coyotes and other pests (neighbor dogs). As far as our set-up goes, I like today but could use a pen or more. My husband says he isn't making anymore. But we all know our winters are long and he does have a shop that he builds things in. lol

I don't know about the rest of you but it is darn hard to get away for the weekend with all of the chickens and other animals. I need to take a break from work and do an overnight somewhere. I can get my daughter to take care of the farm for a couple of days. Anyone know of somewhere fun with outside activities (not camping unless glamping) that is in our area of Eastern WA, North Idaho or even Western Montana?

@CyndiD
 Your birds have pretty coloration. I haven't done any mixing of varieties.  Are you able to let them free range?  I let  free range  a select few birds out when I am out. Otherwise I can't.  Our house is in the middle of a cornfield and the I hear coyotes and other pests (neighbor dogs).  As far as our set-up goes, I like today but could use a pen or more. My husband says he isn't making anymore.  But we all know our winters are long and he does have a shop that he builds things in. lol

I don't know about the rest of you but it is darn hard to get away for the weekend with all of the chickens and other animals.  I need to take a break from work and do an overnight somewhere. I can get my daughter to take care of the farm for a couple of days. Anyone know of somewhere fun with outside activities (not camping unless glamping) that is in our area of Eastern WA, North Idaho or even Western Montana? 

Walla Walla is fun for a day trip. Or, if you're so inclined, there is Mary Jane's Farm down by Moscow/Pullman where you can glamp.

Back
Top Bottom