North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I don't have the money to invest in a real misting system, plus you don't want the rabbits to actually get wet (they will overheat and die and it also can ruin Rex pelts), so I use a soaker hose on the roof of my hutches.
does the water drip on them? or do you place the hose around the edges??

does the water drip on them? or do you place the hose around the edges??

No, the water goes on top of the hutch roof and some sprays the ground around it. You're just using the evaporation to cool off the area and create a breeze/air movement. If you get animals wet when it's hot, they can actually overheat. The water holds the heat against their skin, instead of it flowing through the fur.

A friend got hit by a coyote and is looking for lavender orpingtons or royal palm turkeys Straight run chicks, Eggs, or Pullets/hens. She's already lined up a rooster. Please PM me or text me if you've got my number.

I hope all is well with everyone. My flock is doing good. My broody Blueberry is finally laying again. Though I think she might be carrying a recessive yellow skin gene which is a bummer.

We're doing good here. Have 2 Barnevelder youngin's that broke their leg!! One is obvious break, hanging loose, had to splint and wrap it. Other one I can't feel a break, but is having issues supporting itself. Almost like a dislocated hip. Don't know what to do with them, we want to give them every chance to heal and get better, but at what point do you just give up? So hard to decide.

Other than that, no real updates here, other than overhearing the neighbors ***** about our geese. Fun times, fun times. They live in the country, what noises were they expecting?! And the geese only honk for 3 reasons: either myself or my husband go out the back door (Humans! Treats!!), The wind picks up and they can actually leave the ground when they try to fly, or if there is a suspicious person/animal/plane in the sky. They don't do it all day, but they neighbors notice because they're home when we're home and we're outside when we're home (go figure). She was even kicking up a fit about their across the street neighbor working with their horse kicking up a lot of dust. Some people...

Back
Top Bottom