North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I am on my way to the show in Monroe. Does anyone have anything on their "I gotta have it list"?

I will be leaving in about and hour and a half.

Please send me a message with your phone number and what you may be looking for so I can call you with prices while I am there to ok the purchase.

Excellent! Thank you!! :)
Also take pictures of your chickens or coop to share. We plan on making this a kinda of show and tell meeting. Each of us will get to say who we are and a bit about ourselves, family etc. The last meeting was fun, but there were several different convos going on. We are hoping to have some more time to learn about each other this time.

Looking forward to meeting you! I see that you raise Barnvelders!! That is exciting, I have eggs in the bator right now for the Easter HAL.

ooohhh! how much are your aprons?
$15, They're all fleece except for the ties. I'm bringing 'em tomorrow if you wanna check em out.

I am on my way to the show in Monroe. Does anyone have anything on their "I gotta have it list"?

I will be leaving in about and hour and a half.

Please send me a message with your phone number and what you may be looking for so I can call you with prices while I am there to ok the purchase.
That's very nice of you! Thank you! (But everything I want I get through you and 1 other person, for the most part, lol)

I'm excited to meet all of you!! I'll see what I can dig up to bring with...I've only been raising chickens for the last year but it has become my favorite obsession...er, I mean hobby!! :p

I'm excited to meet all of you!! I'll see what I can dig up to bring with...I've only been raising chickens for the last year but it has become my favorite obsession...er, I mean hobby!! :p 

Me too! I incubated and hatched my own leghorn mix in August. Those were my first chickens since I was a kid. Chickens are awesome. I woke up before my alarm today (by an hour and a half and couldn't go back to sleep), so I went and watched Chicken TV in my brooder. I'll edit and add my photo that I took (it was on my phone, i'm on the computer).

Snow is starting to act rather roo-ish...

Last edited:
Speaking of killing or plucking chickens, does anyone want to admit if they have a plucker?

If not, maybe we all can go in on a joint one... Just an idea, because I think spending that much for 2-4 roosters a month is outrageous.

I have one. It's a tabletop, not a barrel style. We are butchering quite a few this year and I refused to do it without a plucker. Once I break it in a little, I might be willing to share for a wear and tear fee.

I have one. It's a tabletop, not a barrel style. We are butchering quite a few this year and I refused to do it without a plucker. Once I break it in a little, I might be willing to share for a wear and tear fee.
Would be totally worth it. I was talking to hubby about the sharing idea and he said it would never work going in together with everyone (who knows), but if someone bought one and then charged .50 cents per chicken to use it, we'd go over and butcher a bunch at a time and make it worth it. Or we could buy it in a few months and charge the .50 cents a chicken.
Food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom