North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Got some new chickies this weekend! We got two australorp, two buff orpingtons, and two speckled sussex. I also have several in the incubator due to hatch this coming weekend. Question: these new ones will be maybe a week and a half younger than the ones I just got. Can I put them together or should I wait a few days?
Here's the difference between mine when they were just born and the larger one is 2 weeks. I had to separate them.

Course I still have mine separated because the 2 week old in the picture is almost a month now. I have him out in the garage with a heater. Getting him slowly acclimated to colder temps.

6 would be awesome! I am available anytime to come get them so whenever is good for you.
Can do- I will send you a PM when I have 6
thumbsup.gif

I can certainly trade for eating eggs! I would like 6 also when you get some. Country lovin got there first so I will get mine after.
Do you mean the hens or eggs? If eggs do you have them separate from the rest of the flock with a pure roo?
I am working on the Ayam Cemani chick or egg and Serama thing now. I am hoping to get some Serama eggs in the near future, but her hens are taking a bit of a break right now, they laid good all winter.

Can do, I will save you 6 after Country Lovin's 6
thumbsup.gif

Got some new chickies this weekend! We got two australorp, two buff orpingtons, and two speckled sussex. I also have several in the incubator due to hatch this coming weekend. Question: these new ones will be maybe a week and a half younger than the ones I just got. Can I put them together or should I wait a few days?
I have been putting mine together if they are around a week apart, when the newbies are a couple of days old. It has worked out fine for me.

I just posted a craigslist add to hopefully sell my mixed breed babies from the EHAL, my DH was "egging" me on to SET ALL THE EGGS! If you can, and don't have any yourselves to sell, will you please pass it around and on. I will have lots (50+) that I need to get out of here! There are many more purebreds included in this hatch that I will sort through and sell at a late date.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/5501648021.html

Thank you!!

I have been putting mine together if they are around a week apart, when the newbies are a couple of days old. It has worked out fine for me.

I just posted a craigslist add to hopefully sell my mixed breed babies from the EHAL, my DH was "egging" me on to SET ALL THE EGGS! If you can, and don't have any yourselves to sell, will you please pass it around and on. I will have lots (50+) that I need to get out of here! There are many more purebreds included in this hatch that I will sort through and sell at a late date.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/5501648021.html

Thank you!!
Good luck!
I'm working off my waiting list to sell my chicks from the EHAL. Maybe I can supplement with your chicks if I don't have enough for people on my list. I'll check out your ad and keep ya in mind ;)

@Hawk12

I made a rough draft of the breeding plans for you choc laced orp project. I will double check against the genetics thread but I think this will work.

I hope I made it easy to understand, I didn't record all the chicks that will hatch that you won't be using because they would make the project take longer.

Also you can breed the F1 chicks to each other and get started sooner if you get extremely lucky.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom