North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Okay I am not going to quote this time.

@Saris I am sorry to hear about your boy.

@Hawk12 , I am sorry that your hatch did not work out for you. Depending on results of a necropsy being done by WSU I might have some chicks for you too.

@Scram85 I am very sure that you have a rooster there.

Now on to my results, I have 92 chicks that have lived, and 13 quail from the Easter Hatch Along. I might have the 57 mixed breeds sold already. (also depending on test results)

I have lost 4 youngsters in the last couple of weeks. They have had signs that could have been a couple of things, one of which is Coccidiosis, another thing could be Marek's (this is why the necropsy)

Today I became a true chicken farmer. I can successfully hatch an egg and raise a chicken to either lay an egg or provide a meal for my family. I had 5 roosters that needed processing, they were extra from a straight run purchase that gave me more roosters than pullets. 4 month old BCM. Not a lot of meat to them but enough for a few meals.

Last edited:
Okay I am not going to quote this time.

@Saris I am sorry to hear about your boy.

@Hawk12 , I am sorry that your hatch did not work out for you. Depending on results of a necropsy being done by WSU I might have some chicks for you too.

@Scram85 I am very sure that you have a rooster there.

Now on to my results, I have 92 chicks that have lived, and 13 quail from the Easter Hatch Along. I might have the 57 mixed breeds sold already. (also depending on test results)

I have lost 4 youngsters in the last couple of weeks. They have had signs that could have been a couple of things, one of which is Coccidiosis, another thing could be Marek's (this is why the necropsy)

Today I became a true chicken farmer. I can successfully hatch an egg and raise a chicken to either lay an egg or provide a meal for my family. I had 5 roosters that needed processing, they were extra from a straight run purchase that gave me more roosters than pullets. 4 month old BCM. Not a lot of meat to them but enough for a few meals.
Thank you.

I really hope you don't have Marek's. It's essentially a forever thing.

I had a basic necropsy done on my boy, nothing cultured but I may have to send the girl off for a full one. She must have gotten stressed from losing her mate and now her face is swollen. I am at a loss as to what the issue could be so I think I will have her sent for testing.

I really don't want to loose my birds or have to start all over. Ugh!

Does anyone have a picture of an Ameraucana roo? I am trying to figure out what my two are. I would like to compare.
Here are my pullets and rooster. Probably the parents of those ones.

Well, yesterday was my last day at that job. It was a fun job, I enjoyed it. Made everyone brownie bites with mint butter cream frosting for the last day.
Today, I get to drive my son (for the first time) to his new school. I'm really excited! Then, I get to come home and clean this pigsty of a house, clean chicken brooders, set up a "mama heating pad" in the coop, move baby chicks out, oh, and finish laundry. It should be a very filled day. But it all has been getting put off because I've been working. So, time to catch up!

Well, yesterday was my last day at that job. It was a fun job, I enjoyed it. Made everyone brownie bites with mint butter cream frosting for the last day.
Today, I get to drive my son (for the first time) to his new school. I'm really excited! Then, I get to come home and clean this pigsty of a house, clean chicken brooders, set up a "mama heating pad" in the coop, move baby chicks out, oh, and finish laundry. It should be a very filled day. But it all has been getting put off because I've been working. So, time to catch up!

But first: coffee

Hi everyone! Just letting people know I'll have chicks available between Thursday & Friday of this week! Private message me if you're interested. I have an assortment to choose from. I'm 15 minutes from Spokane and 40 from CDA
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom