North Idaho / Eastern Washington

sad.png
Chicks and Ducklings were supposed to arrive at 7:00 am today...but it's 5:30 and no sign of them.Oh well...there's always tomorrow!!! Guess I'm just really excited to start on this adventure.

Last edited:
What kind you getting? And from where?
We had Khaki Campbell, and Welsh Harlequin Ducklings, a Few Cochin Bantams, and a few Brahma Bantams coming. I ordered them from Dunlap Hatchery...I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't do a bit more searching. When I ordered them I didn't realize there was a better option then just ordering from a big hatchery. Oh well, Now I know better! Thank you for asking!

We had Khaki Campbell, and Welsh Harlequin Ducklings, a Few Cochin Bantams, and a few Brahma Bantams coming. I ordered them from Dunlap Hatchery...I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't do a bit more searching. When I ordered them I didn't realize there was a better option then just ordering from a big hatchery. Oh well, Now I know better! Thank you for asking! 

It'll still be a great start! Lots of fun. Besides, you'll start seeing different breeds and start researching, and suddenly you'll find a breed that you HAVE to have.
Mine started with Dorkings and has spread to Ameraucanas (which are much more complicated when it comes to genetics). I (unbeknownst to me) bought a pullet from one of the best breeders in the US for Ameraucanas (@pips&peeps). I absolutely fell in love with my new birds disposition. It just went on from there.
I get my first order here in a few weeks from a "hatchery". Not sure I'd call them a hatchery: Sandhill Preservation. I placed the order last August: Colored Dotkings, White Dorkings, Red Dorkings, Blue Ameraucanas, and Black Ameraucanas.
Here are my two favorite birds (white Ameraucanas): Pearl & King Rooster

It'll still be a great start! Lots of fun. Besides, you'll start seeing different breeds and start researching, and suddenly you'll find a breed that you HAVE to have.
Mine started with Dorkings and has spread to Ameraucanas (which are much more complicated when it comes to genetics). I (unbeknownst to me) bought a pullet from one of the best breeders in the US for Ameraucanas (pips&peeps). I absolutely fell in love with my new birds disposition. It just went on from there.
I get my first order here in a few weeks from a "hatchery". Not sure I'd call them a hatchery: Sandhill Preservation. I placed the order last August: Colored Dotkings, White Dorkings, Red Dorkings, Blue Ameraucanas, and Black Ameraucanas.
Here are my two favorite birds (white Ameraucanas): Pearl & King Rooster
Thank you so much for your encouragement! Your flock sounds like so much fun. Your Ameraucanas are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom