North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I keep finding more and more chickens that I like. Or that I want. I don't think I'll ever settle down to just one breed But all of mine seem to be in The dual purpose category, and most of them lay brown eggs.

That would be me too if I had enough property :) I don't know how to update my profile. I will look into it.

I have 5 acres and a very loving husband who will let me have whatever I want. Of course I do the same when it comes to his blacksmith shop and tools. We just took a trip to Nebraska to pick up a 1914 trip hammer machine for the shop. He bought me a GQF sportman incubator for christmas as my first incubator.. It is a great relationship.... Lol

I keep finding more and more chickens that I like. Or that I want. I don't think I'll ever settle down to just one breed But all of mine seem to be in The dual purpose category, and most of them lay brown eggs.

That's how my madness started. I am drawn to mostly large rare breeds. I also am trying to get a trio or quad of Lemon Cuckoo Neiderheinners, I had three but lost my two pullets. I hatched one chick a couple of months ago who is a pullet so that's a pair at least. I also have Barnvelders, double laced blues and Silvers that are chicks right now. And MANY others. I truly have no idea how many chickens I have right now. Lol

Last edited:
I am actually trying to work on my profile here to update my flock. I don't think they give enough room for me to list everything I have now. So I will probably list my special breeds and call the rest layers.. Lol
I was just thinking that I need to update or actually add to my profile as well.

That's how my madness started. I am drawn to mostly large rare breeds. I also am trying to get a trio or quad of Lemon Cuckoo Neiderheinners, I had three but lost my two pullets. I hatched one chick a couple of months ago who is a pullet so that's a pair at least. I also have Barnvelders, double laced blues and Silvers that are chicks right now. And MANY others. I truly have no idea how many chickens I have right now. Lol

I like those niederheiners.. hope ya get a breeding set going for next year...

yesterday was windy and it knocked down a bird nest with 7 hatchling swallows. They were down a day maybe, the branches in the house were so tangled the mom could not get to her babies on the ground. I took the cold babies, not moving much into the house put on heating pad, we hung the bird house better, I was thinking of warming the babies and putting them back in the bird house, don't say the wive's tale about birds smelling humans. that is wrong birds don't have a sense of smell

yesterday was windy and it knocked down a bird nest with 7 hatchling swallows. They were down a day maybe, the branches in the house were so tangled the mom could not get to her babies on the ground. I took the cold babies, not moving much into the house put on heating pad, we hung the bird house better, I was thinking of warming the babies and putting them back in the bird house, don't say the wive's tale about birds smelling humans. that is wrong birds don't have a sense of smell
give it a try...

They have not re-animated yet.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom