North Idaho / Eastern Washington

I'm getting tired of the cold. I definitely could tell the difference in temp over the last couple of days compared to last week though. The water didn't freeze on my fingertips while out freshening their water, haha. My birds are getting restless in the co-op too! They want to spread their wings and fly a little
263a.png

I'm getting tired of the cold. I definitely could tell the difference in temp over the last couple of days compared to last week though. The water didn't freeze on my fingertips while out freshening their water, haha. My birds are getting restless in the co-op too! They want to spread their wings and fly a little
263a.png

Last week when we actually had a couple semi-decent days I let the chickens out of the run for a while and they literally flew around the yard :) it was adorable.

Mine don't like to walk on the snow either. So they sort of flu from dry patch to dry patch under bushes. But right now there are no dry patches. I think we've gotten over 2 feet of snow so far this year.

I too am looking forward to anything above freezing. Though I'm grateful for all the snow. My chickies are all being freeloaders right now from the lack of light and the cold. silly butts. I can't wait for spring.

I have a pair but the aren't quite ready to breed yet. I plan on breeding them this spring. They are English variety out of Papa's Poultry. Beautiful birds!

I will vaccinate for Merek's from now on because I never quite figured out what was killing my birds. I haven't lost any in quite a while but just for precaution. I have 3 eggs in the incubator right now from a pair of my brahmas. They will be blue/gold partridge...so excited. They are due to hatch Jan. 23rd
1f917.png

Let me know when you have some extras I need a couple for a chocolate Cochin project
Will do...I will be using them for a project as well. I want a chocolate laced orpington line. My silver laced orpingtons are only about 6 weeks right now so I have a while before I can breed them but my chocolates are almost a year old. I figure I will breed them to increase my stock for now :) They are sweet birds, I love my female. I will try to get some pics posted later. The roo's name is Hershey and the pullet is Cocoa ;)

Back
Top Bottom