Northern California Quail Fanciers

That's sweet! I want to build my tiny breeder aviaries out of aluminum framing when that project gets more dollars. And maybe one day have aluminum tractors as well...
One of the really neat things about having it modular is that I can have separate coveys and/or an introduction space where they can see but not touch. When I'm ready for them to get together, all I have to do is open the door between the sections.

Edit: Another great thing about all the space is that I can hatch a lot and have space for them until I sell or slaughter the extras.

One of the really neat things about having it modular is that I can have separate coveys and/or an introduction space where they can see but not touch. When I'm ready for them to get together, all I have to do is open the door between the sections.

Edit: Another great thing about all the space is that I can hatch a lot and have space for them until I sell or slaughter the extras.
Tues we can compare pics! I never post pics cuz I don't use my phone with byc. I really hope traffic isn't bad. I'm going to leave here at 6 that morning

I'm about an hour and 15 mins away from sac. But I've yet to have extra females. If they can wait a couple months I can get them hatching eggs? Are they posting in the hatch along?
it was newbie quail lovers on FB.....i told her about this forum......

Looking to purchase some Coturnix quail. I don't currently have any is there anyone in Roseville, Auburn, Lincoln area with any available if not I am willing to travel to get some. We mostly want them for eggs but would like to have one male to have babies once in awhile. Thank you

Last edited:
Looking to purchase some Coturnix quail. I don't currently have any is there anyone in Roseville, Auburn, Lincoln area with any available if not I am willing to travel to get some. We mostly want them for eggs but would like to have one male to have babies once in awhile. Thank you

Hello new friend!

A whole bunch of us are going to have some available in the next 4-6 weeks, but I think we're all at sort of our yearly population low point at the moment due to varying reasons (first starting out, or pared down for vacations or full on house moves). Personally I have extra fancy dudes available at the moment but I'm down to just 10 hens total myself (though I am starting a hatch this week so might have some in a few). I know there are a few breeders with jumbo/a&m/italian/white/tibetan stock around the Stockton and foothills areas with ads on CL, but if you're looking for something more specialized or from a BYC local breeder keep checking back here. We'll all post when we have something!

Back
Top Bottom