Northern Virginia

Im in Northern VA. Newbie with the chickens. In the process of getting them a new coop. Been reading great stuff in here and have realized I probably need to build one (that is daunting for me) my ladies are currently in a rental coop.

Im in Northern VA. Newbie with the chickens. In the process of getting them a new coop. Been reading great stuff in here and have realized I probably need to build one (that is daunting for me) my ladies are currently in a rental coop.

Hello welcome!!! How many chickens do you have or plan to have?

Howdy All!!
Stafford chiming in here! We've been on BYC for a few months and I've been following the Virginia thread and didn't realize this one was available. So count me in!! We have - 3 chickens (2 Ameraucana and 1 Barred Rock), 15 ducks (Muscovies) and two geese (White Chinese gander and a Saddle-back Pomeranian goose). We've put 20 duck eggs in the incubator and have about 23 days left till hatch. Looking forward to hearing more from all you locals!!!
frow.gif

Howdy All!!
Stafford chiming in here!  We've been on BYC for a few months and I've been following the Virginia thread and didn't realize this one was available.  So count me in!!  We have - 3 chickens (2 Ameraucana and 1 Barred Rock), 15 ducks (Muscovies) and two geese (White Chinese gander and a Saddle-back Pomeranian goose).  We've put 20 duck eggs in the incubator and have about 23 days left till hatch.  Looking forward to hearing more from all you locals!!!  :frow  

Do you have duck eggs for sale?

Lol I have no idea
I know in CA they have rules about being NPIP and AI tested but I guess if we just did it then no one would know? We could decide as a group how we would want it I guess. I do know that the tractor supply's here don't allow them.

I have to be honest I've never even been to a swap. How are they normally? Like does everyone bring birds? Or do people just sell there birds and anyone can come? We could make it how ever we want? I have a big back yard lol?i think the first thing is to figure out who's interested.

I'm willing to do whatever. Currently I have 3 Rhode Island reds, 1 barred rock, 2 buff orpingtons and 5 silkies. In my brooder I have a cuckoo maran, a light brahma and a crested cream legbar. In my incubator due to hatch March 29th I have 8 spitzhauben and 8 salmon favrolles. In my incubator due to hatch April 2nd I have 12 cream legbars, blue polish, candy corn polish, 3 olive eggers and 4 black marans.

Do you have duck eggs for sale?
@ekalbach
I've never thought about selling them. I'd gladly give you as many as you'd like. And for any duds (don't mean to sound so flippant about it, just can't seem to find the right word!!) we'd be happy to replace so you can try again. Let me know the logistics and we'd be happy to provide.

Troy & Tina

@ekalbach

I've never thought about selling them.  I'd gladly give you as many as you'd like.  And for any duds (don't mean to sound so flippant about it, just can't seem to find the right word!!) we'd be happy to replace so you can try again.  Let me know the logistics and we'd be happy to provide.

Troy & Tina

That's very nice of you. Where are you guys located?
I really want ducks but my husband is on the fence about it.

Back
Top Bottom