Not again 😣

I agree. And I'm saying that as a diehard gamefowl fan that owns (and will hopefully some day breed) a breed that is still being used for cock fighting. I do select for the gamefowl temperament, but I'd never subject a male in that sort of situation just for the fun of it. There's nothing fun about it. I guess I could breed him to one of my landrace hens (by putting him in with them just for the actual mating part and then taking him back out) and from then do a couple of generations of back crossing to get to an aseel, but that's just too messy of a breeding IMO, and leaves a lot of out crossing for the future. In addition, he's not what I'd call the perfect aseel, he's lower "quality". First photo is of him at 8 months, second photo is of him now, pretty much (he's matured a little since then, and some of the faults have corrected themselves). In the first photo you can see what a perfect aseel should look like. The only faults are the wattles. But that's easily correctable. In the second photo you can see more faults. High tail carriage, comb has grown significantly, the wattles again, and his neck is not so willing to extend so much anymore. He's got lots of things against him right now. I'm 99% sure that where I'm intending to give him won't use him as a fighting bird. That's my only consolation. On the other hand, it's very likely he'll get butchered there. Even if I tell them not to, Greeks are particularly stubbornView attachment 3535040View attachment 3535041
Oh my gosh he is gorgeous. Maybe faults but I sure don't see them.

Thank you, I really do. I just feel so bad giving him away. It already hurt when I gave away his brother. But even if I do keep him, and I do move forward with the breeding plan I mentioned, it'll affect my neighbors. Having one or two HUGE males crowing will not be pleasant in the slightest for them. Whereas a bantam male (say sebright for example) whose voice is obviously much quieter than an aseel male will be less to bear for my neighbors, and I'd like to keep things civil with them. I guess I've already made up my mind, I just don't have the heart to do it
@BelovedBirds needs a roommate ;)

Guess Canada's out of the question then! :lau

You Think Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Back
Top Bottom