Not sure about the breed of your chicken(s)? Click here!

Pics
Not a meat bird, lol. How trustworthy on chickens is this 'friend'? That's an Olive Egger. Black Copper Marans x Crested Cream Legbar. You will get nice olive eggs from that bird, if female, which it looks to be. What did this friend say looked like a meat bird? Better pics would help me know for sure, but I can promise you there isn't much meat on that little thing.

Oh thank you. She isn’t that well versed on many breeds which is why I asked here. I asked her for a suggestion on what to do because this bird tends to over eat and is lazy but we may have found a solution to that issue.
She was basing that on the size difference and behavior. I was not convinced. Yes he or she is a good pound heavier than pretty much everyone else but I would think a Meat bird that you need to harvest young would be even bigger.
This is my families favorite bird so that thought terrified us and I wanted to ask so we didn’t have to worry for a few more weeks till 12 weeks old.

Got her from TSC. The first pic is at six weeks old, the second is at seven weeks.
Dorothy 2.jpeg
6 Weeks Dorothy 1.JPG

Oh thank you. She isn’t that well versed on many breeds which is why I asked here. I asked her for a suggestion on what to do because this bird tends to over eat and is lazy but we may have found a solution to that issue.
She was basing that on the size difference and behavior. I was not convinced. Yes he or she is a good pound heavier than pretty much everyone else but I would think a Meat bird that you need to harvest young would be even bigger.
This is my families favorite bird so that thought terrified us and I wanted to ask so we didn’t have to worry for a few more weeks till 12 weeks old.
Ok. Marans are a heavy breed, so depending on what other breeds you have, this chick might be eating more because it needs it. Cute little thing!

All birds gotten from local small farmer. I was a noob then and didn't ask about breeds. Ill put my guess with the pics.
Silver pencil rock?(what even is that?!)
20200327_162920.jpg

55 flowery leghorn?
20200525_090709.jpg

20200327_162733.jpg

Cream legbar/brown leghorn? Maybe welsummer? I'm pretty sure she lays a light blue egg, but hard to be sure.
20200525_090702.jpg

20200327_163355.jpg

And lastly, barred rock or cuckoo maran or???
20200501_102533.jpg

20200525_090728.jpg

Thanks so much for taking a look! Appreciate any input.

All birds gotten from local small farmer. I was a noob then and didn't ask about breeds. Ill put my guess with the pics.
Silver pencil rock?(what even is that?!)
View attachment 2175405
55 flowery leghorn?
View attachment 2175407
View attachment 2175408
Cream legbar/brown leghorn? Maybe welsummer? I'm pretty sure she lays a light blue egg, but hard to be sure.
View attachment 2175410
View attachment 2175411
And lastly, barred rock or cuckoo maran or???
View attachment 2175415
View attachment 2175416
Thanks so much for taking a look! Appreciate any input.
All are mixes, including the Cuckoo Marans mix. Brown shoulder smuttieness.

Back
Top Bottom