Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics
I bought them May 11th and they already had wing feathers, thank you though! Hoping all pullets, but I question the 2nd ones personality and way redder comb and thicker feet than his sisters.
Not 9 weeks old, with that chick down still on the head. More like 6 to 7 weeks old. No obvious cockerels in the pictures.

6 week old lavender orpington. Cockerel or pullet?

I would say for sure cockerel... if they follow like my chocolate cockoo Orpingtons. My girl's head at 10 weeks have no color, the boys are red like yours.

I know it's probably too early but I have rooish suspicions about this almost 4 week old SLW. Lots of chest bumping behavior, thick legs, stumpy tail, pink comb, growing wattle already. My other SLW from the same batch is even colored and had a long bustle tail and no comb.

I'm new to chickens but have been researching my heart out :). Happy to post updated pics in a couple weeks too. Thank you!

Yeah for reference here is my other SLW chick same age next to the roo suspect. I think pullet on left, roo on right. Just based on the tail.

Updated Pics!

Roos or Pullets?

Here are my chicks at just about 8 weeks. I know the black and white ones have to be mixed with a SLW, but the others look like the typical EE.

Grumpelstiltskin
Leaning towards pullet this time. Go Grumpy!
wee.gif

Littlefoot
The red splotches on her wings makes me worry.
barnie.gif

Molly
Very confident she's a pullet.
ya.gif

Mother Clucker
The head honcho of our flock. Only thinking pullet because she hasn't really reddened for a few weeks.
fl.gif

Muffin
Thinking pullet? Comb is odd, but still very light.
woot.gif

Roobie
Pretty positive this is my roo. It's also got small brownish patches on its head. Weird...
hu.gif

Thanks again for your help!

I know it's probably too early but I have rooish suspicions about this almost 4 week old SLW. Lots of chest bumping behavior, thick legs, stumpy tail, pink comb, growing wattle already. My other SLW from the same batch is even colored and had a long bustle tail and no comb.

I'm new to chickens but have been researching my heart out
smile.png
. Happy to post updated pics in a couple weeks too. Thank you!

Yeah for reference here is my other SLW chick same age next to the roo suspect. I think pullet on left, roo on right. Just based on the tail.

Yeah, I think that based solely on the tail, it looks very roo-ish. To be fair, though, SLW's often get their color early, so it's still a wait and see situation at this point. Can't wait to see what they look like in a couple weeks!

Back
Top Bottom