Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

They all look more like pullets to me this time. Combs don't look so red except the bottom one. I'm not familiar so with the breed so I looked up a few pics and now I think it's a cockerel. Not positive though. Here are some other pics I found on here..

These are all older pullets. Their combs are just as red but look a bit smaller then your younger pullet. Iay he wrong though. That's just what I found..
Her comb is really pretty pale. Kind of a coral color. I would think that if she was a he her neck feathers would be more white by now and her back feathers would be more pointy. What do I know, though? I'm asking you guys!

[/URL]

Hens or roosters? Thinking ladies but wanted to get more opinions. The lady that gave them to us said they are 2-3 months. Any guesses on age would be welcome too. Thanks!
Pullets

Seven weeks and two days old. Still pullet-zers? (Sorry, I'm corny)

Stella and Trudy

Trudy

Trudy

Sioux

Sioux

Let me know if you need a picture of some other body parts or specific chickens. I realize Trudy's pics aren't the best. She screams if I try to hold her.
Stella is a pullet for sure. Sioux is starting to look like a cockerel.

What about the Austrlorp, Trudy? And I just read on a website that sells Iowa Blues that they are sex links and should have been easily sexed at hatch. Now I'm really confused!!

Nothing is ever 100 percent. I purchased 6 silver laced wyandottes pullets from a feed store and got 3 roosters once!! :( like I said I could be wrong but an older pullet shouldn't have a bigger comb then a younger pullet if that makes sense. The australorp looks like a pullet in this pic but I can't see her face.

Alright big update all 21 birds
1f604.png
They're growing so much

Seth almost 5 weeks EE

Checkov near 5 weeks Cochin bantam

Aang near 5 weeks gold laced Wyandotte

Chewie near 5 weeks Cochin frizzle Bantam

Arya D'ueccle bantam about 5 weeks is it me or is she looking like a roo?

Han Solo about 5 weeks Cochin bantam

Sansa about 5 weeks EE

Midnight aka Godzilla lol black australorp about 5 weeks

Jon Snow aka ******* lol he stole my heart on day one he's about 7 weeks maybe 8 old English game bantam

Daenerys 7-8 weeks old English game bantam

Unnamed EE hatchling

Unnamed EE hatchling

Unnamed EE hatchling

Unnamed EE hatchling

Jamie speckled Sussex hatchling

Claire speckled Sussex hatchling

Dana Scully Buff Orpington hatchling

Fox Mulder Buff Orpington hatchling

Howl my new beautiful baby Partridge Cochin hatchling

Sophie Partridge Cochin hatchling

I swear I own a zoo lol I love my chicks they're beautiful and lovely the bigger chicks love the babies except Jon and Daenerys I'm pretty sure it's the old English game in them they're separated but get to see each other

What about the Austrlorp, Trudy? And I just read on a website that sells Iowa Blues that they are sex links and should have been easily sexed at hatch. Now I'm really confused!!
Trudy still looks like a pullet, but it's not a sure thing yet. And Iowa Blues are not sexlinked at all. The hens can be used for breeding red sexlinks, though.

Back
Top Bottom