Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hi everyone, I'm new to backyard chickens, and thought this would be a great place to ask for helpful information. I was just wondering if my 10 week old SLW pullet is actually a young rooster. I've noticed her developing a redder, droopier waddle, and what seems to be longer, arched tail feathers. I bought a few different breeds from mypetchicken.com understanding that there would be a chance of some roos (I bought intended pullets only) in the bunch. I just wanted conformation, thank you!

Rooster

Thanks rebrascora and henny1129 - they are from a neighbour who doesnt know what they are other than bantam/silkie crosses. I would guess cochin too from the mix of parents. Unfortunately looks like only 2 hens out of the 8 eggs that hatched, although I'll try and post some pics of the last hope (slightly larger white one) soon! Here is a pic of the whole flock with mum/adopted mum... the hens are bottom right and one of the white ones with face obscured...

Thanks rebrascora and henny1129 - they are from a neighbour who doesnt know what they are other than bantam/silkie crosses. I would guess cochin too from the mix of parents. Unfortunately looks like only 2 hens out of the 8 eggs that hatched, although I'll try and post some pics of the last hope (slightly larger white one) soon! Here is a pic of the whole flock with mum/adopted mum... the hens are bottom right and one of the white ones with face obscured...
Beautiful!

I'm worried these pullets acting like roos, bumping chests and puffing up their necks. The SS has a lot of shiny green on her tail that hard to catch in pic. About 12-15 wks

Last edited:
Best place to sell or give away roosters? Craigslist? How much if I sell is reasonable?

Last edited:
Hi there
The price all depends on pure bred and how good quality it is
I show and breed barbu D'Anvers and other breeds
But I sell my barbu d'Anver roosters for €25 ($26)
They are show quality hence the price.
But sometimes I have to lower the price around to €10 ($11)
Just to sell them
Sometimes I give roosters away for free because there hard to sell.
I am still left over with a barbu d'Anver and a silkie rooster from this years breeding season,
And the barbu d'Anver won a prize at a national show here in Ireland but I still can't sell him.

Sorry for going on lol
But I think your best bet on getting rid of him would be Craigslist
I am not sure on what price though

By the way he looks lovely
Are you not aloud to keep roosters?
Good luck
Fionn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom