Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Can you help me with breed and sex? I am new to raising chickens.

The last one looks like a barred rock not sure about the other two though

Hi this thread in amazing, thank you! We have 8 mixed bantams (including silkies) about 7-8 weeks old now. Here are some pics of 3 I'd love some help with: #1 #1 #1 on the left (I'm guessing definite rooster on the right) #2 #2 #2 #3 #3
I'm pretty sure #1 and #3 are cockerels, but I'm undecided on #2. #2 has some really interesting looks though! Hopefully someone who has some more knowledge in the other comb types can figure it out for sure, I've only had single combs, pea combs, and strawberry combs, so all other combs are hard for me to sex because I'm not sure what's a "pullet size" and what's a "cockerel size".

@OffGridFish

Afraid I'm going to say they are all cockerels. Too much red in their combs for them to be pullets at 8 weeks.

I agree with henny1129 they are very interesting looking birds with unusual mixes of features. I can see silkie and bantam cochin(I think) characteristics but wondering what else is in the mix? ....Assuming you bred them yourself?

Hi everyone, I'm new to backyard chickens, and thought this would be a great place to ask for helpful information. I was just wondering if my 10 week old SLW pullet is actually a young rooster. I've noticed her developing a redder, droopier waddle, and what seems to be longer, arched tail feathers. I bought a few different breeds from mypetchicken.com understanding that there would be a chance of some roos (I bought intended pullets only) in the bunch. I just wanted conformation, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom