Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

I have to disagree, it has more black barring than white, the barring is less defined and spotty. Looks like a pullet.

ETA:... unless it's a BSL then it's a cockerel. My "Barred Rocks" look like this, I'm gonna be P.O.ed if they all turn out to be BSL cockerels!

Feathering indicates a single barring gene. If both parents are barred, that means it's a pullet. BUT, the issue is the source. It frankly sounds like a "breeder" was attempting sexing by unreliable means which also makes me question their breeding practices. This may well be an accidental BSL.

Her is my little Brown cow EE. It's about 5 weeks old. Pretty certain little cockerel, but still new, so I thought I'd ask. The other 4 EE I got have a pea comb. Thank you!

Feathering indicates a single barring gene. If both parents are barred, that means it's a pullet. BUT, the issue is the source. It frankly sounds like a "breeder" was attempting sexing by unreliable means which also makes me question their breeding practices. This may well be an accidental BSL.

At what point and by what would you be certain that it was a BSL rather than a BR?

I have to disagree, it has more black barring than white, the barring is less defined and spotty. Looks like a pullet.

ETA:... unless it's a BSL then it's a cockerel. My "Barred Rocks" look like this, I'm gonna be P.O.ed if they all turn out to be BSL cockerels!
Yes the coloring does look like a pullet, I am not sure really. the wattles look red though.

Back
Top Bottom