Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Pullet or roo ee?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.5 KB · Views: 16
Poor thing is probably scared. It could have escaped its property & there's a worried owner out there looking for their chicken. OR Someone clueless tried to just dump an extra cockerel at your farm.

Can't really guess the gender unless the approx age is known & would need better pics in natural light with close ups of face.

Is there a way you can post a "found chick" in your neighborhood? maybe facebook? or Nextdoor? Because many towns now allow hens - but not roos- many people find themselves having to give up their new pet. With very few options to rehome, they may see a flock of chickens & just dump them out onto your property. It's a horrible thing to do but I'm guessing some people don't understand that. A friend of mine even caught one at a forest preserve. (Actually it was hungry & scared, so it jumped into his car.)
i live in a big city and every easter people buy little yellow chicks to please their childrens need of a pet because they look cute .. most of them are sold in street markets and are male chicks (breeders keep female for themselves) someone left this guy in the center of a square with the pigeons :/ it was posted on facebook but no one wanted it or claimed that lost it so i decided to adopt so that it doesn't end up cooked ... there are no farms around here maybe it escaped from a balcony but no one looked for him .. Luckily i dont live in an appartment in a block of flats like most people here so i got him a female chick for company and made them a chicken house on my terrace.

i live in a big city and every easter people buy little yellow chicks to please their childrens need of a pet because they look cute .. most of them are sold in street markets and are male chicks (breeders keep female for themselves) someone left this guy in the center of a square with the pigeons :/ it was posted on facebook but no one wanted it or claimed that lost it so i decided to adopt so that it doesn't end up cooked ... there are no farms around here maybe it escaped from a balcony but no one looked for him .. Luckily i dont live in an appartment in a block of flats like most people here so i got him a female chick for company and made them a chicken house on my terrace.

A lucky boy!

Hey guys,
Hopefully someone's can give me some kind of idea on these guys. I'm guessing my last posts were too young. Please let me know if they're still too young.

I have my guesses, but as a first time chicken owner, I'd like to have an educated guess at least :p

Five weeks old; the Easter egger is probably actually 6 weeks. Have two bantam Wyandottes, but they're still chick fuzz at 4.5 weeks, so I'll hold off on asking gender for them :)

Polish. Very bossy-almost bully.
IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG

Silver Lace Wyandotte. Pretty sure a Roo
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG

SLW - same age, a lot smaller and less feathered
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG

Sicilian Buttercup. Only one sexed prior to purchase (supposed to be pullet)
IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG

And the Easter Egger (older than other chicks by a week at least)
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG

Thanks guys!

Hey guys,
Hopefully someone's can give me some kind of idea on these guys. I'm guessing my last posts were too young. Please let me know if they're still too young.

I have my guesses, but as a first time chicken owner, I'd like to have an educated guess at least :p

Five weeks old; the Easter egger is probably actually 6 weeks. Have two bantam Wyandottes, but they're still chick fuzz at 4.5 weeks, so I'll hold off on asking gender for them :)

Polish. Very bossy-almost bully.
View attachment 1037311 View attachment 1037312

Silver Lace Wyandotte. Pretty sure a Roo
View attachment 1037314 View attachment 1037313 View attachment 1037316

SLW - same age, a lot smaller and less feathered
View attachment 1037317 View attachment 1037318

Sicilian Buttercup. Only one sexed prior to purchase (supposed to be pullet)
View attachment 1037319 View attachment 1037320

And the Easter Egger (older than other chicks by a week at least)
View attachment 1037321 View attachment 1037323

Thanks guys!
Polish- :confused: petty color, though
1st Wyandotte- agree, probably a cockerel with the comb and wattles coming in and the white patches on the wings
2nd Wyandotte- has the wrong comb? so far, pullet
Buttercup- looks like a pullet so far
EE- looks like a pullet

Polish- :confused: petty color, though
1st Wyandotte- agree, probably a cockerel with the comb and wattles coming in and the white patches on the wings
2nd Wyandotte- has the wrong comb? so far, pullet
Buttercup- looks like a pullet so far
EE- looks like a pullet

Thanks, Wishing4Wings!!!
I truly do appreciate it.
My SL (probably) roo had an odd looking comb at first, too. (As in, didn't look like the pics I saw online). Hoping the other will grow into it! Glad to hear she's likely a pullet!
I'm hoping my bantams all turn out to be pullets, too. But I imagine I've got quite a wait to know for sure on them!

The Polish I have no idea either. A week ago I would have said cockerel, but its crest is rather uniform, so maybe pullet... but then the stragglers over the neck are confusing; and I could keep listing the confusing traits, but you know what I mean! S/he's a candy corn, or so I was told. Can't find any blue/grey candy corn coloration to compare to online; so may be a different color; but :confused:

Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom