Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Hi

I have (4) 18 week old chickens that I felt confident were all hens. This morning I heard a lot of noise from the coop. Wasn't sure if it was the beginning of a crow or just Biv trying to wake me up and let her out of the run. Bell,Biv and Bb are Easter Eggers and Devoe is a Buff. Thanks in advance.
Bell

Bell

Biv

Biv

Devoe

Devoe

Bobby Brown

Bob Brown

Ok so this is an update on my previous mystery crower. All of a sudden my white one got huge, maroon comb and wattles compared to what they were, so I'm assuming that's my guy in the bunch. Just wanted to get an opinion from you guys before rehoming since I am really attached to him/her.

Sorry for such a picture heavy post... I just really want to be sure! Thanks!!!

Ok so this is an update on my previous mystery crower. All of a sudden my white one got huge, maroon comb and wattles compared to what they were, so I'm assuming that's my guy in the bunch. Just wanted to get an opinion from you guys before rehoming since I am really attached to him/her.

Sorry for such a picture heavy post... I just really want to be sure! Thanks!!!
pullet

These chicks were born on January 1 and I'm convinced they are all roosters. Anyone want to confirm/deny that? #1 and #2 have very similar combs that started out with three rows but #1's is a lot darker red. #2 already is making a suspicious crowing sound.

Last edited:
It's a silkie/Cochin mix. Do pullets typically get a big comb like that? It's way bigger than the other two I have with that type of comb. That's what's really throwing me off. Along with the random crows I hear every so often.

It has no saddle and no hackle feathers. It is a pullet. Their combs will grow as they come closer to laying. Generally within 30 days of that comb growing and reddening, you will get eggs. Can you get us video or audio of her crowing?

These chicks were born on January 1 and I'm convinced they are all roosters. Anyone want to confirm/deny that? #1 and #2 have very similar combs that started out with three rows but #1's is a lot darker red. #2 already is making a suspicious crowing sound.

all roosters

I've been trying to get audio of it, but it's really hit or miss. It doesn't happen every day. And when it does, it's only usually a couple crows and then it's done and over with about the time I hit the record button. It's like they know I'm about to record them so They stop. And I still haven't been able to get out there and see who's doing it either. As soon as they see me at the back door they stop and just want treats or to be let out. So frustrating. lol. The odd thing is, my neighbor has full size hens and I can hear their super loud egg song from my house and the crow from my bantams is quieter than the neighbors hens. Are bantams generally quieter than full size? Or are confused crowing hens quieter than the typical rooster?

Back
Top Bottom