Not sure what’s going on

Try to limit any real watery, or strongly colored treats for a while, and we'll see if her poop changes back to normal.

Besides the stool, Is she acting fine?
took her to another vet today. He said there’s no parasites or yeast in her feces but too much bacteria, then I said about probiotics he said it’s normal then. Again about Coccidiosis, he said it can not be confirmed with normal fecal test and it’s quite complicated. He believed she doesn’t have cocci or even if she has it, it shouldn’t be too much to hurt her or sth like this..
About food he said give her everything and even as much as treat she wants to cheer her up because she’s underweight. He said I need to add fish to her diet, for phosphorus and keep giving her the calcium supplements cause it’s necessary for her.
He believed the limping might be because she might’ve leaned on her right leg for a while for some reason that’s why it hurt, then she switched and she’s leaning on the left leg now🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m still not convinced though.
She’s mostly fine maybe a bit depressed and naps alot, could it be for molting?
But she’s alert and her appetite is better than a week ago.

took her to another vet today. He said there’s no parasites or yeast in her feces but too much bacteria, then I said about probiotics he said it’s normal then. Again about Coccidiosis, he said it can not be confirmed with normal fecal test and it’s quite complicated. He believed she doesn’t have cocci or even if she has it, it shouldn’t be too much to hurt her or sth like this..
About food he said give her everything and even as much as treat she wants to cheer her up because she’s underweight. He said I need to add fish to her diet, for phosphorus and keep giving her the calcium supplements cause it’s necessary for her.
He believed the limping might be because she might’ve leaned on her right leg for a while for some reason that’s why it hurt, then she switched and she’s leaning on the left leg now🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m still not convinced though.
She’s mostly fine maybe a bit depressed and naps alot, could it be for molting?
But she’s alert and her appetite is better than a week ago.
Sounds like shes fine just underweight. The antibiotics can be stressful on them. Do as the vet recommended

Sounds like shes fine just underweight. The antibiotics can be stressful on them. Do as the vet recommended
Thank you so much for your kind replies.
I really hope I can make her eat more so she gain weights and becomes healthier 🙏

Last edited:
Some of the best treat both nutritionally and they also get a kick out of playing in is egg yolks. The nutrition can help wonders. phosphorus is also contained in the yolk. It should add the weight back on pretty fast as well. I hope she gets better. It's always rough dealing with sick family members.

Unfortunately no:( It can’t be found here and shipping to Iran is not possible 😓
Bummer. I hope you can find some healthy high calorie foods she likes. Most of my ducks favorites are low calorie, like tomato and lettuce. I don't really know that much about avian nutrition - just that my ducks did poorly and were thin on chicken layer pellets or all flock feed. I also know that parrots do poorly on non pelleted diets because they pick out their favorite seeds, eat them exclusively, and don't get optimal nutrition. We call them seed junkies. :-D So I imagine ducks would be the same, if they eat too many treats and not enough properly formulated diet. I wish I could get you some Mazuri!

I hope her appetite picks up soon. I know how hard this is.

Some of the best treat both nutritionally and they also get a kick out of playing in is egg yolks. The nutrition can help wonders. phosphorus is also contained in the yolk. It should add the weight back on pretty fast as well. I hope she gets better. It's always rough dealing with sick family members.
Egg yolk is so nutritious but on the other hand if consumed too much it can cause fatty liver. The vet specifically said not to give her egg yolk, while it’s her favorite :(
Thank you so much:love

Bummer. I hope you can find some healthy high calorie foods she likes. Most of my ducks favorites are low calorie, like tomato and lettuce. I don't really know that much about avian nutrition - just that my ducks did poorly and were thin on chicken layer pellets or all flock feed. I also know that parrots do poorly on non pelleted diets because they pick out their favorite seeds, eat them exclusively, and don't get optimal nutrition. We call them seed junkies. :-D So I imagine ducks would be the same, if they eat too many treats and not enough properly formulated diet. I wish I could get you some Mazuri!

I hope her appetite picks up soon. I know how hard this is.
I’ve been looking for Mazuri feed for a year now since someone else told me on Instagram but I couldn’t find it anywhere :(
Exactly like Cookie! Lol Most of her favorites are low calorie. She even prefers her low calorie pellets to the layer feed.
I hope I can find the best diet for her🤞🏻

I’ve been looking for Mazuri feed for a year now since someone else told me on Instagram but I couldn’t find it anywhere :(
Exactly like Cookie! Lol Most of her favorites are low calorie. She even prefers her low calorie pellets to the layer feed.
I hope I can find the best diet for her🤞🏻
Will Chewy deliver to Iran? https://www.chewy.com/mazuri-waterf...MIg_Tj0NH_6wIVFRLnCh1emwrxEAQYASABEgIY7PD_BwE

Edit: not trying to sound judgy or ignorant. I just am unfamiliar with things overseas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom