Not the way I wanted to start the morning.

bakerjw

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Johnson City, Tn
Last Saturday I posted that I had picked up a game camera and had several visits to one of my coops by raccoons the previous evening. From Saturday until last night there was neither hide nor hair of any predator around the coop. Last night at 11:00 PM or so I had a couple of pictures of the biggest raccoon yet walking around my coop. This wasn't the ones from Saturday as He was way too big. In one of the pictures it was obvious that he was thumbing his nose AT THE SKUNK ALREADY IN THE TRAP!

So at 6:00 this morning I go out to find a really confused and quite docile skunk in my trap. I draped an old sheet over the trap, attached a bungee, opened the end of the trap and secured it with the bungee. It took a minute of darkness before Mister skunk waddled out and off into the woods.

Only predators that are a direct menace to my chickens get removed. Skunks like eggs but you never hear of them tearing a coop apart to get at the birds inside.

Anyway. No harm and no foul. Just one miserable and confused skunk.

skunks will kill and eat chickens and they will kill just for the sport of it neighbor lost four birds in one night thought it was a coon next night he found a skunk in the barn with chicken in mouth skunk does not exist any more

Back
Top Bottom