Not too proud to ask for prayers ...

Quote:
Agreed!
thumbsup.gif

Well, we are certainly making every concerted effort. We have borrowed ourselves out of everybody and are really, truly putting this entire situation in God's hands. If this is the right place, He'll put all things right, and we just have to keep working hard and moving forward and follow whatever path He puts out in front of us. We had had our refrigerator up for sale, and I was really upset that it didn't sell. Come to find out, this house has pretty much everything EXCEPT a refrigerator. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway, so we can't sell our fridge. The stove, washer and dryer where we presently live are not ours, so we can't sell them. We really don't have much of anything worth anything, EXCEPT that I am a jewelry designer/beader and have a whole box of jewelry left over from this past fall's craft fair season. Nice stuff, too. (I dunno, but I think I'm pretty good.) So far, though, I haven't been able to sell n'ary a pair of earrings since the holidays. I have, however, discovered a new goodie that I've been making. I've been doing bookmarkers, and those are going to sell anywhere from $5 to $10 each ... some of them are pretty hip. I told my hubby that I'm going to take a folding table and to stand down on the corner where the hookers are and get them to buy my jewelry ... except their pimp will probably want a cut out of whatever I sell... LOL...

Quote:
Exactly what I was going to write! Bookmarks and jewelry too for that matter. I'm not a big jewelry buff myself, but you never know when you might see The Gift for a sister, mom, etc. Having a librarian for a stepmom I reckon a handmade, one of a kind bookmark would not go remiss.

Definitely list one here and ebay... and if you do ebay put a link for us BYCers to find!!

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I think I am going to put some of my bookmarks and jewelry up for sale here on BYC in the next couple of days.

The deposit is $650 plus another $50 pet deposit, so $700 total for the deposit (plus first month's rent). What we're looking at is a total move in of $1350 plus about $500 moving costs (the move itself would be expensive because we'd need to rent a U-haul AND use a friend's truck just to get all the animals and our stuff moved, and the move is more than 2 hours away).

The beauty of my job is that I can live anywhere in the continental U.S. where I can get high-speed internet service, so I don't even have to find a job when i get there. DH is partially disabled and gets a little VA check every month, and he can find a little part-time job down in the valley to keep himself busy. If all else fails, we can sell eggs at the farmer's market, since we'll be allowed as many chickens as we want (providing this all works out).

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and good thoughts! We know that if this is right, it will work out, and if not, it's only because everything is in Divine order and that God will see to it that something even better is set before us.

Back
Top Bottom