November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Just dashed round connecting power cords from our shed so the smart meter can be fitted to house will have dash round again so he can do shed its a pain there's four brooders and the bator that have to stay connected lucky the guy is happy to wait.. the look on his face was priceless when I opened the brooders and 50 chicks stared n cheeped at him

Hello everyone! I'd like to join the fun...I set 40 eggs Wednesday night - due date Oct. 9. This is a mixed hatch with LF Cochins and Silkies. 12 Cochins; 4 barred, 3 SGL, 3 buff, 2 BBS. 28 Silkies; 10 white, 10 Black, 5 buff, 3 BBS. I'm so excited! The SGL Cochins are gold or silver laced and I'm praying for silver..

This is my second hatch. My first hatch was terrible! I live in a log house and the logs absorb moisture like crazy. I had an awful time keeping the humidity up during lockdown and only hatched 11 of 42! This time I've placed the bator in the basement far, far, away from any logs. So far the temp and RH are right where they should be and stable. My fingers are crossed for a better result this time!

I currently have seven 17 wk, and two 10 wk old Cochins. My first hatch yielded my older chicks and like I said it was a bad hatch...I ended up with 6 Roos and only 1 hen! The two younger birds are pullets I bought to make up for what I didn't hatch. I'm REALLY hoping for a better roo/hen ratio this hatch.

Good luck everyone!
smile.png

happy hatching
frow.gif

Set my second batch of eggs today. 16 black and blue copper marans (shipped) and 4 Silkie eggs from my one hen that is laying. First batch is on day 5, 17 blue and splash copper marans and 18 BCM (both sets shipped). Waiting on a dozen buff Brahma eggs to get here at the end of the week and Will set them with however many more Silkie eggs I get before then. Lol, I had to buy a second incubator to stagger the hatches.

19 more days to go on some, what I believe to be, new hamp reds with a BCM roo. Should be interesting!

My darn broody quit! Luckily I caught most of the eggs in time to save them. One had died, though, poor thing. So now I have a ton of eggs in the 'bator, including some I wouldn't have been hatching if she hadn't been broody, sigh. Ah well.

My darn broody quit! Luckily I caught most of the eggs in time to save them. One had died, though, poor thing. So now I have a ton of eggs in the 'bator, including some I wouldn't have been hatching if she hadn't been broody, sigh. Ah well.

I wasn't going to hatch anymore this year but then someone ordered guinea keets so I started incubating for that order...well needless to say they have all but stopped laying for the season so the few I do get each day have gone in very staggered.
then I got...well....hatching withdrawls....my one little sex-link had a sweet little fluff that drown in the duck pond...so I've been putting her eggs in with the guinea eggs for the last week...she only lays every other day...lol
good things I have several incubators to accommodate our several hatch days!!

Happy hatching
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom