November Hatch-A-Long (2014)

3 of 5 duck eggs are pipped! Sitting on my hands, pacing, staring into the bator...
Yea!
jumpy.gif

I finally got my photos uploaded...

Outside for a walk...

This little Serama passed out on a couple of ducklings...
love.gif
What kind of ducklings?

Woke up to 2 light sussex hatched and 2 more pipping
jumpy.gif
Yea!

That is cuteness overload! With the way I just squealed, one would think I had never seen a duckling before! LoL

The cuteness overload is hard to contain! We have them in a baby pool in the living room and talk to and play with and cuddle all the time. They especially love my son and follow us around... the clamor of their little webbed feet as they race to keep up with you is insanely adorable.

The worst happened today. The wind knocked my power out while my chickens were mid-hatch. It looks like it was as low as 80 and as high as 103. I have no idea for how long. I lost my Duccle I am 99% sure its dead in the egg. It had pipped at 6am. I opened up its hole a bit and its not moving when its beak is touched. I found another who had pipped at the wrong end, I helped it a bit and moistened it's membrane. Its still alive. I have 4 other eggs that I have no idea if they are alive.

I have the 4 that hatched before I went to work, I guess I was lucky they were probably already dry when the power went out.

I'm so sad. All the eggs were looking so good. We NEVER loose power. I think the last time was 5 years ago. I wish I had a broody hen - this wouldn't have happened.

I am lucky that my 4.5 week olds were already didn't need a heat lamp. They are all fine.

I'm going to go cry now. I hope the one I just helped a bit can make it.

The worst happened today. The wind knocked my power out while my chickens were mid-hatch. It looks like it was as low as 80 and as high as 103. I have no idea for how long. I lost my Duccle I am 99% sure its dead in the egg. It had pipped at 6am. I opened up its hole a bit and its not moving when its beak is touched. I found another who had pipped at the wrong end, I helped it a bit and moistened it's membrane. Its still alive. I have 4 other eggs that I have no idea if they are alive.

I have the 4 that hatched before I went to work, I guess I was lucky they were probably already dry when the power went out.

I'm so sad. All the eggs were looking so good. We NEVER loose power. I think the last time was 5 years ago. I wish I had a broody hen - this wouldn't have happened.

I am lucky that my 4.5 week olds were already didn't need a heat lamp. They are all fine.

sad.png

Sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom