November Hatch-A-Long (2014)

so far we have 2 chicks and 1 more that has piped out of our 6 buff orpingtons
smile.png

I like them

I would have liked to have tried this bator in the spring when the household temps aren't fluctuating all over the place. But plan to get a small Styrofoam container in the spring and convert it into a bator using the little light from this one and a computer fan.

Or i could just break down and buy the last one at the feed store.
I ordered a rather cheap incubator online and it worked great. It is a cheapie styrofoam one with a fan. I think it was about $70 plus shipping. It got here in 3 days, which was fast in my opinion! My house is cold since we normally don't heat it unless the wood stove is going. First time using it I had a great hatch rate and ended up with a lot more chicks than I expected. Our feed store also had ONE kind of cheap incubator, but the one I got on line was a better model and I didn't have to pay sales tax.

Nugget & Gizard now have 3 more siblings! Chow, Mein, and our only blondie thus far, Dumplin! ♡♡♡♡♡
:love Adorable and awesome names!
12 eggs set, 1 eaten, 2 early quitters. Six chicks have hatched: Three remaining eggs, one external pipped, one cheeping, one quiet.
Congrats. Those are some cuties!
so far we have 2 chicks and 1 more that has piped out of our 6 buff orpingtons :)
Yea! Hope the others hatch soon.

@Kaylish, thanks! We are actually in a lil bit of a pickle. We have run out of ideas for our last chick. LoL
So far Nugget, Gizard, Chow, Mein, Dumplin, Fry, and Patty have been assigned to our meat chicks, and Omlet, and Benedict has already been assigned to our egg-layer chicks. We have one unnamed egg-layer chick. Poor lil darlin. LoL

Last edited:
@Kaylish , thanks! We are actually in a lil bit of a pickle. We have run out of ideas for our last chick. LoL
So far Nugget, Gizard, Chow, Mein, Dumplin, Fry, and Patty have been assigned to our meat chicks, and Omlet, and Benedict has already been assigned to our egg-layer chicks. We have one unnamed egg-layer chick. Poor lil darlin. LoL
Scramble.....lol

Back
Top Bottom