Now Dottie? why!!!!!

cleoandtheflock

Crowing
Jan 16, 2019
Georgia
My most dear hen Cleo died from old age and such a few days ago I was absolutely devastated she meant much to me. Once I came back from my crochet club today I went out to the chicken run and gave my flock some feed they all ran over and started eating I looked over at our hen Peggy who is raising a baby chick who I adore named Dottie Speckles. when Peggy started eating I realized her chick was missing! DOTTIE!!!! I called. no chirps. I looked around then realized either the neighborhood cats or hawks had gotten her. No, my chickens aren't free-range. They live in a ginormous aviary/run but the holes in the fencing Dottie could fit through. we let her slip in and out she never went more than a foot away from the fence because she always was with Peggy her mum. And if something startled her she ran in. She must have not been fast enough.:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit
Both my favorite chickens are gone and I just can't seem to believe it.:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

My most dear hen Cleo died from old age and such a few days ago I was absolutely devastated she meant much to me. Once I came back from my crochet club today I went out to the chicken run and gave my flock some feed they all ran over and started eating I looked over at our hen Peggy who is raising a baby chick who I adore named Dottie Speckles. when Peggy started eating I realized her chick was missing! DOTTIE!!!! I called. no chirps. I looked around then realized either the neighborhood cats or hawks had gotten her. No, my chickens aren't free-range. They live in a ginormous aviary/run but the holes in the fencing Dottie could fit through. we let her slip in and out she never went more than a foot away from the fence because she always was with Peggy her mum. And if something startled her she ran in. She must have not been fast enough.:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit
Both my favorite chickens are gone and I just can't seem to believe it.:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

I'm so sorry. Its never easy when we lose one we have a special bond. :hugs:hugs:hugs

My favorite died first to, she was the sweetest thing, first time I got her I felt a bond, I went to look at the chickens and saw her, I wanted her immediately so I cleaned out my coop and bought her, my favorite rooster, and 11 other chickens. God the first time I brought Lacey home she loved the space, since she was cramped up with other chicks most of the time I felt the chickens liked the bigger space. But all good things must end, Lacey was the only chicken who dared come up to me, who would sit on my lap, who would peck any other chicken I was holding, but a raccoon reached its paw into the crate and grabbed her out, leaving a broken wing and head behind. Oh how sad I was that my poor lacey died.. :(

Sorry for your loss! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom