1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Now I'm REALLY excited!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by seminolewind, Nov 4, 2007.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I candled my first batch-4 silver lace Polish- and all babies moved!!! What a site! Cynthia's eggs will be candled Wednesday, and Melanie's eggs on Friday. I am hoping for the best.
    Now is it possible that the embryos are a bit small, and I should increase the heat a smidge?

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    what temp do you have it sat at now?congrats on you moving babies

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Your heat in a circulated air machine should be from 99.5-100 degrees, no matter what size the embryos are. Congratulations! Hope the ones on Wednesday are doing just as well as your Polish!

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Hi, I have been keeping the thermometer at 100 degrees to a hair under it. I guess I'll leave it alone. Anyway, how would I know what size they are in comparison, LOL

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I don't think you can really tell what size the embryo is inside the egg unless you weighed each one at the beginning and then weighed them at point along the way for comparison.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by