Now there are 16 babies! Two more have hatched!! yippee!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
That's right, I had 2 more button quail hatch last night! These are still coming from the eggs my broody girl had! 9 more eggs to go, then the ones in the bator are due (10 more). What in the world am I going to do with all these babies??
gig.gif

citalk2much, looks like I'll for sure have a pair for you next month! Probably could have 2 or 3 if you want
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Just checked again, and there is another new button in the bator!! This one just hatched, I checked maybe an hour ago!! Goofy birds!
gig.gif

I have had 2 more buttons hatch (at last count). So this brings the current total to 16 live babies, 2 deceased babies, and 4 eggs to go!! They have 3-4 more days before I toss them, cause that's when the others in the bator are due (I think), so they had better hurry up!
gig.gif

Apparently I've lost count somewhere. I have 6 eggs left in the bator, there were 22 taken from the nest. So 6 eggs+2 dead chicks+2 in the hatcher=10. So that means there should be 12 in the brooder?? Idk where I messed up! But there should be 14 babies, instead of 16. Got a bit ahead of myself somewhere. Guess I need to go do a head-count!
gig.gif

Last edited:
2 more eggs have hatched!!
wee.gif

So this should have me up to 16 babies now
th.gif
There are 4 more eggs in the hatcher, with 10 more in the bator due on Friday. I don't have any idea what I'm going to do with all these buttons!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom