Nurses Post

Yeah no hold that morphine please.
I'll hold it for safe keeping.
There may come a time in the future when you may need morphine for medical purposes.
If used for it's intended purpose, the odds of being addicted are slim to none. When you take enough to make you feel a high, or take it for reasons other than pain, then you are flirting with danger.

Hospitals will now use an actual party drug instead of safe and cheap morphine because of the war on pain patients.
Morphine doesn't work on some people, be it due to an acquired tolerance from long-term use or simply because their body doesn't utilize it the way most people do.
Whatever drug is used, though, all drugs considered high risk for abuse or addiction (i.e., morphine, fentanyl, etc.) should be kept track of and monitored, and any amount sent home with the patient as small as possible to prevent trafficking and addiction.

Morphine doesn't work on some people, be it due to an acquired tolerance from long-term use or simply because their body doesn't utilize it the way most people do.
Whatever drug is used, though, all drugs considered high risk for abuse or addiction (i.e., morphine, fentanyl, etc.) should be kept track of and monitored, and any amount sent home with the patient as small as possible to prevent trafficking and addiction.
Thanks for explaining it to me. Good to know ketamine is not high risk... anymore.

Back
Top Bottom