Nurture right 360 new incubatorists advice

Pics

Redeagletrapping

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
Upstate New York
so as we grow our fleet of egg layers thanks to chicken math I stumbled upon a nurture right 360 new at tsc yesterday, was looking but not expecting one in stock.

This will be our first time hatching Northern NY days have been in 80s nights low 60s humidity all over the board.

I have 6 layers that are with roosters and should be fertile.

I want to try to hatch as many of these eggs as we got rid of one of our roosters and he was great looking so want some babies.

I have read lots of forums on the nurtire right and bought a seperate hygrometer and have seperqte thermometers.

I currently have 14 eggs and when I get home prob will have 20 and by tomorrow or sun will have the rest for the 22.

What advise and techniques can you share for first time incubatorists with this model as well as any info for maximum success.
I would like to start incubating sun or Monday at the latest and if I have enough eggs tomorrow.
20200730_174758.jpg
20200730_174801.jpg
20200730_171627.jpg

Thanks a bunch.

so as we grow our fleet of egg layers thanks to chicken math I stumbled upon a nurture right 360 new at tsc yesterday, was looking but not expecting one in stock.

This will be our first time hatching Northern NY days have been in 80s nights low 60s humidity all over the board.

I have 6 layers that are with roosters and should be fertile.

I want to try to hatch as many of these eggs as we got rid of one of our roosters and he was great looking so want some babies.

I have read lots of forums on the nurtire right and bought a seperate hygrometer and have seperqte thermometers.

I currently have 14 eggs and when I get home prob will have 20 and by tomorrow or sun will have the rest for the 22.

What advise and techniques can you share for first time incubatorists with this model as well as any info for maximum success.
I would like to start incubating sun or Monday at the latest and if I have enough eggs tomorrow.
View attachment 2270192View attachment 2270195View attachment 2270197
Thanks a bunch.
The NR is an amazing incubator. Do you have it on? You should run it for several days before you put any eggs in it, to make sure it's stable. Did you calibrate these thermometers?

The NR is an amazing incubator. Do you have it on? You should run it for several days before you put any eggs in it, to make sure it's stable. Did you calibrate these thermometers?
I planned on starting it tonight and seeing how it holds. I have laser thermometers and some work thermometers that I know are accurate as I use them in hvac lines. Do you have a suggestion on calibration for the unit?

Thanks

The factory settings on nurture rights are usually fairly accurate, though not always perfect. If you find that yours is off slightly, you can either adjust the settings knowing what the difference is, or you can recalibrate it. Here’s the instructions on how to recalibrate. Also be aware that it only reads in increments of .5 degrees.
TEMPERATURE READING CALIBRATION

1) Press and hold the three buttons “MNUE” “+” and “-“ simultaneously for 5 seconds to enter temperature calibration mode. Upon entering temperature calibration mode, the red “C 0.0” on the incubator’s screen will blink. If temperature calibration is not required, skip to step 2 to for humidity calibration mode.

Secondary Thermometer Displays a Higher Temperature
a) If the incubator’s temperature reading is higher than the actual temperature inside the incubator, i.e. incubator’s screen displays 99.5°F, but your thermometer displays 98.5°F, then press the “-“ button to decrease the temperature reading. Each press of the “-“ button will decrease the temperature reading by 0.5°F. For example, after pressing the “-“ button twice, the incubator will show “C - 1.0”, with the “1.0” referring to a decrease in the temperature reading by 1.0°F. Continue to press the “-“ button until the incubator’s temperature reading matches the temperature reading of the thermometer. Note the “-“ on the incubator’s screen between “C" and “1.0” indicates that the temperature reading is being decreased.

Secondary Thermometer Displays a Lower Temperature
b) If the incubator’s temperature reading is lower than the actual temperature inside the incubator, i.e. incubator’s screen displays 99.5°F, but your thermometer displays 100.5°F, then press the “+“ button to increase the temperature reading. Each press of the “+“ button will increase the temperature reading by 0.5°F. For example, after pressing the “+“ button twice, the incubator will show “C 1.0”, with the “1.0” referring to an increase in the temperature reading by 1.0°F. Continue to press the “+“ button until the incubator’s temperature reading matches the temperature reading of the thermometer. Note the lack of a “-“ (blank space) on the incubator’s screen between “C" and “1.0” indicates that the temperature reading is being increased.

2) The maximum temperature calibration adjustment is +/- 2.5°F. After completing the temperature calibration press the “MENU” once to finish temperature calibration and to enter humidity calibration mode. Upon entering humidity calibration mode, the green humidity reading on the incubator’s screen will blink.

HUMIDITY READING CALIBRATION

3) Similar to the process for calibrating the temperature reading, the “+” or “-“ buttons can be used to adjust the humidity reading. If humidity calibration is not required, skip to step 4 to exit calibration mode.

Secondary Humidity Sensor Displays a Higher Humidity
a) If the incubator’s humidity reading is lower than the actual humidity inside the incubator, i.e. the incubator’s humidity reading shows 55% but the humidity sensor shows 60%, then press the “+” button to decrease the reading from 55 to 50%. Continue to press the “+“ button until the incubator’s humidity reading matches the humidity reading of the humidity sensor.

Secondary Humidity Sensor Displays a Lower Humidity
b) If the incubator’s humidity reading is higher than the actual humidity inside the incubator, i.e. the incubator’s humidity reading shows 55% but the humidity sensor shows 50%, then press the “-” button to decrease the reading from 55 to 50%. Continue to press the “-“ button until the incubator’s humidity reading matches the humidity reading of the humidity sensor.

4) The max humidity reading calibration adjustment is +/- 9%. After completing the humidity calibration, press the “MENU” button once to exit calibration mode. The calibration process is now complete.
I would also recommend practicing opening and closing it. It can be a little tricky to get the lid into the groove sometimes, so you want to make sure you can get it closed all the way.

The factory settings on nurture rights are usually fairly accurate, though not always perfect. If you find that yours is off slightly, you can either adjust the settings knowing what the difference is, or you can recalibrate it. Here’s the instructions on how to recalibrate. Also be aware that it only reads in increments of .5 degrees.

I would also recommend practicing opening and closing it. It can be a little tricky to get the lid into the groove sometimes, so you want to make sure you can get it closed all the way.
Awesome thank you these are the tricks I need as I would like to get some good hatches this go around as I only have the fertilized from this rooster and won't get the chance later. My remaining rooster will be represented later lol

Thank you.

I planned on starting it tonight and seeing how it holds. I have laser thermometers and some work thermometers that I know are accurate as I use them in hvac lines. Do you have a suggestion on calibration for the unit?

Thanks
I would start it now, the longer you let it run the better. Test the + and - simultaneously to be sure it turns the eggs. That is how you turn it manually. It will do it automatically every hour though. Willow gave you some great info. Your thermometers sound good.

I would start it now, the longer you let it run the better. Test the + and - simultaneously to be sure it turns the eggs. That is how you turn it manually. It will do it automatically every hour though. Willow gave you some great info. Your thermometers sound good.
Thank you I've read up on these and figured lets give it a go but 1st time anything its nice to have some guidance. Thanks

Do you load yours up to 22 for hatching or do you leave space.

Also do you dry hatch or follow the nr 360 directions
I have filled mine to the max before, but I usually do smaller hatches of 7-8 eggs. If you want to do 22 that works well though. Don't do a staggered hatch if you can help it. Set all of the eggs on the same day, don't add any. One thing I thought of, I may down that grippy shelf liner under the turner, on top of the tray. It helps the eggs turn better, and then at lockdown all you have to do is lift the turner out. Also, duck eggs are sometimes a bit big for the turner. Make sure you test the turner a few times to make sure it adequately turns them all.
I run my humidity at 40-45% for my duck eggs. You'll probably have to add a little bit of water in port A. Also, put in a separate hydrometer for a little while to make sure the built-in humidity guage is accurate. Don't leave any thermometers or hydrometers in the incubator while the turner is on though. It will knock them over and they could dent the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom