Nutri-drench dosage for wry neck???

HeatherTheMommy

Songster
May 14, 2015
Felton DE
I have a 4.5 week old EE with wry neck that I'm trying to save. I have nutri drench on hand but how often can I give it directly to her with a syringe? Also what else can i try?

I have a 4.5 week old EE with wry neck that I'm trying to save. I have nutri drench on hand but how often can I give it directly to her with a syringe? Also what else can i try?

We are treating one of our 10 days olds for the same Vitamin E deficiency. We have been giving her the NutriDrench with a Q tip. She is responding positively to that. We've also added ND to the flocks water.

How often are you giving it? Ive been over dosing her I'm sure but she does seem slightly better today. Was thinking of getting vitamin e gel tabs today to squirt into her beak. She was eating and drinking today which was nice to see.

How often are you giving it? Ive been over dosing her I'm sure but she does seem slightly better today. Was thinking of getting vitamin e gel tabs today to squirt into her beak. She was eating and drinking today which was nice to see.

Just as much as she will drinlk. This just started for ours a couple of days ago. Yesterday we gave it to her twice befoe we went to work and once after. Our little one is eating and drinking with the flock now. The Q tip has worked beter than a syringe for us. Just place the soaked Q tip beside the beak.

So just using nutri drench is helping?

Yes. The condition is most likely a vitamin E deficiency. ND is loaded with vitamins including E. We also snipped the end of a vitamin E capsule and gave some of that to her on a Q tip as well. Great improvement in her over the past 2 days.

Here is the link to the thread. There is video of the chick and several people with much more experience that I commenting on what to do.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1098818/very-odd-situation-with-1-week-old-chick

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom