NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. cracrzy4chicks

cracrzy4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Westernville, NY
    I feed layer crumbles - 18 % protien. But am going to try the agway brand @ 21% protien. My birdswaste the mash. I use a piece of metal gutter capped on the ends for a feeder. I put 2 chains on it about 1/3 in from each end and hang it from the wall. I raised it so the feeder is level with their backs. It works great & is cheap, for $7 @ lowes you get a 12' piece of gutter. I made 2 feeders out of it.[​IMG]

2. County Boy

County Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2012
    Petersburg Ny
    Been a while since I've been on her but I thought I would let everybody know I've got hatching eggs available. I've got buff barred, mille fleur, and mottled cochin bantams, and lemon blue standard cochin bantams. Here are some new pics including the chicks that hatched today, a mille fleur and lemon blue cochin!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are some that I have still growing out but will be put into breeding pens in a couple months!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

4. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York

5. Gramma Chick

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Welcome to the NEW York thread ..[​IMG] You dont have to live close to find a friend here or learn about chickens ..

6. Gramma Chick

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Sorry to hear about your MIL passing away . Alzheimer's is hard on the family . She is in Peace now .

7. Gramma Chick

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    [​IMG] Beautiful ! this is my favorite .. The hen saying what ya got there Roo ?

8. Adoravachick

Adoravachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Near Cobleskill, NY
    Once again....I keep looking at these pics over and over again. They are soooo gorgeous. Sending you a PM

9. Adoravachick

Adoravachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Near Cobleskill, NY
    I'm so sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

10. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire and Team Tube Feeding XO

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Hey all, popping back in again - and boy did I have some catching up to do! Still recovering from the loss of my duck flock. I got some new girls whose parents where from holderread's, so they're very nice birds :) I also have some ducklings arriving the week of the 28th from a breeder - and her birds are descendants of holderread birds too! I'm gonna have a nice breeding flock, it seems. She also agreed to toss in a 'mystery duckling' from one of the other breeds she works with. I can't wait to find out what I'm getting!

And on an unrelated note, who has some EE hens/pullets they'd like to sell? I have only one right now, and one maybe one from featherz (thanks again!) who isn't laying yet so the jury's still out on her, and I'd like to get some more beautiful blue eggs each day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by