NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    I just gave away 10 dozen eggs. (Local food pantry...they can't make them part of the month's food for a family, but they can put them on a table and tell folks to take anything they can use.) I haven't been home on weekends for this entire month, so my regular customers haven't been able to stop by and get eggs. The very SECOND I am home for a weekend I am making a wooden sign and hanging it out front. I had foam board signs, but the snow plows ruined it the first time it snowed enough to need plowing.

With 10 dozen gone I have room for the 2 dozen that have accumulated since I gave them away on Sunday. I think I need to eat more eggs. Or start baking, instead of picking up treats at the supermarket

2. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Yeah, for sure-- the only new bird I've ever brought home, I picked up at someone's house and saw that she kept things very clean. I quarantined him for 60 days to be safe. It's not 100% foolproof but it's a heck of a lot better of just dropping a new bird in with my existing flock!

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    It's a leghorn cross. I think it's leghorn x california grey (roo). Essentially leghorns with a few black spots. :)

4. Lapeerian

Lapeerian Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Got home later tonight, took little girl to the doctor since she has developed a cough. Start of bronchitis. [​IMG] Hubby hauled lots of water to the barn, all the snow blew away to use the sled. Horses are spending the cold snap in the barn with blankets. Chickens all came out of the coop looking to get a drink. And 2 of the 3 eggs froze and broke. Only a couple more days of the extreme cold nonsense.....

5. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    Hi, I can't keep up with this thread! :)
    Just want to say how nice this is for you to donate eggs. I think it is wonderful.
    Please keep a close on your daughter...my hubby developed pneumonia after weeks of coughing from the bad virus/flu going around. Hope she feels better real fast!

6. Cydney83

Cydney83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    Central New York!
    Oh, man that prob was my daughter! Oh, wait she did go back in the house and get a fleece jacket...said she had no where to keep a jacket! oh, ok...yup high honor kid..I pick my battles..[​IMG]

7. ChickPrincess

ChickPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Canandaigua NY
    And exactly HOW am I supposed to pay for the feed when dh keeps giving the eggs away? Satellite guy was here today to fix the TV. Left with a dozen eggs. [​IMG]

8. Cydney83

Cydney83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    Central New York!
    I hear you and then in the next breath he will ask if the chickens are paying their way...[​IMG]

9. Lapeerian

Lapeerian Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    She started the cough less than a week ago, but we didn't like the sound of it and she coughs during the night, so wanted to be sure. We normally wait the 7-10 days because it is usually just another common cold from daycare. My dad and brother both had bronchitis around Christmas, seems several people are getting it this year. She is on amoxicillin, they also wanted a nebulizer but hubby and I prefer to wait on that. Couldn't see trying to hold a 2.5 year old still with the accompanying crying and screaming to do something she wouldn't like. Her lungs didn't sound too bad, so we got it at the right time. We are going to keep her home tomorrow to rest, or attempt to.

10. ChickPrincess

ChickPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Canandaigua NY
    Are you sure we don't share a husband??? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by