NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. vmdanielsen

vmdanielsen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    Congratulations!!! Here's to an easy pregnancy and delivery!!

I forget, how many buckeyes did you hatch out and how many Hens? How many eggs do you normally get with them?

2. ChickPrincess

ChickPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Canandaigua NY
    That thought crossed my mind, too. I'll have to figure out how to play this.
    CONGRATS!!!

3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Tab--congrats on number 3! Its a unique number but a good one. I know as I had three. Anything after that is just more.

Adorava--baby pics are expected!

Rancher--speachless and laughing as usual!

So I made it through work on thursday, being extra diligent in counting and reading labels. Dead guests dont pay. Came home to freeze locking up the cheeps and pulling waterers in. Up very early for work today (cheeps werent even up) and let them out and ran water to them. Froze again when I got home tonight gathering eggs and locking up. I think the cheeps will be happy when chicken daddy gets back and helps with chicken duties. Means more scratch for them!

Night all.

4. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Congratulations ! Dont forget to take care of Yourself .

5. Gramma Chick

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    They still use their regular dusting site ..Under our back deck .
    Little did my husband know when he had it built ...that someone else would have it as a favorite spot .
    We put black plastic under there so it is just dirt .& It always stays dry under there ...In Rain , Snow or Sun .
    Im think of enclosing it plastic next year to keep the heat in some for them
    In all weather they go under there & roost & or Dust Bathe (there is a I___I hanging Board under There)( It supposed to be for storing extra boards , etc) They think its for them ! & we dont use it ) Sometimes I put some wood ashes in there as well . I have been useing cardboard ash as we always have boxes for my business that we dont use anymore .

6. Gramma Chick

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Chick Princess - We will have to compare ..I am planning to get chicks from my Australorp roo & 1 RIR hen , 3 red sexlinks .
    Maybe we can compare results later ..I cant wait to see how the colors mix in the chicks !

7. Tab's chicken obsession

Tab's chicken obsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    Maybe you're next! lol

8. Tab's chicken obsession

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    She let me use the oragel on her once then refused it ever after. The doc gave her amoxicillin for the infection. Right now I've been taking kids chewables because its what I have, at least they taste good. Thanks!

9. Tab's chicken obsession

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    Annie has blue orps, but I haven't seen her on in ages. Cass do you know anything? Her birds would be better than hatchery.

10. Tab's chicken obsession

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    Ginny-- I hatched 3 hens and 1 roo (buckeyes from you). They seem to be molting and with the cold we've had brrrrr! I was getting at least an egg a day now they will skip a day or 2 then lay again. I'm going to up their protein and hope that helps them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by