NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY

I don't know cuz I think I saw a "drone" out there the other day. Might be scouting out my chickens. Of course it could be a "Silky drone" trying to invade my flock. [​IMG]

You know I once found someones house I was going to by using their address to Google earth it and I knew it was the right house when I saw it.

My only real point is be careful what you say and information you give out.

2. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, let's just say I'm closer to 50 than to 40 and leave it at that.

The doctor wanted to know if I wanted an Rx at this point in time, but I declined. Mine is not too bad unless I've been sitting in the car for a while and then go to get up and out of the vehicle. Then I feel a good shot of pain. I suspected arthritis, but he said it was more likely mild bursitis. My mother uses Lidocaine patches on her back and does get some decent relief from them. I've heard Fibromyalgia can be awful, Marquisella.

TOB

3. Tab's chicken obsession

Tab's chicken obsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    Horeskeeper--I've made homemade egg noodles and perogis from scratch. I rolled it out by hand. I thought they turned out well. I would like to get a hand crank pasta machine to make it a little easier though. I have one I use with polymer clay and can't use for food now.

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Dw makes perogis and I've bought her a pasta machine. I've yet to see any home made pasta though. She is busy doing other things though.

Check CL you might find one someone isn't using.

5. Lynzi777

Lynzi777 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2012
    Woodstock, CT

My mom slaved over the weekend making dozens of pierogies! They're my absolute favorite when homemade. I'm waiting for her to drive 4hrs to bring me some lol

6. Tough Old Bird

Jan 3, 2013
    Sounds like lots of folks have used cardboard boxes!

Thanks for the input, Gramma Chick. [​IMG]

TOB

7. ag29ande

ag29ande Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Delanson, ny

Happyhens! I'm looking to get some Pekins and/or blue/black Swedish....would love to know if your friend will have ducklings, or hatching eggs!!

Also looking for a couple goslings for the spring.

8. Tough Old Bird

Jan 3, 2013
    Funny, there was a black Swedish duck on Otisco Lake last spring, happily dabbling around with the wild Mallards. I didn't know what it was until I looked it up. It was quite the handsome bird. I imagine it was an escapee -- or perhaps someone dumped it, which must be illegal.

TOB

9. ChickPrincess

ChickPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Canandaigua NY
    [​IMG]
    I hope this picture reposts okay. I thought this was just the coolest idea! I'm going to use my blue eggs for Easter gifts. [​IMG]

10. Coupe

Coupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Highland, NY
    That is so cute!!! What an awesome idea!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by