NY chicken lover!!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by peggym, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York

2. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York

3. Lapeerian

Lapeerian Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Hubby picked up another egg customer today! They want 2 doz a week. That is in addition to the 1-2 doz per week for our original customer. The 10 girls have been laying machines this week. Got 10 eggs one day! Usually 7 per day, 8 tonight. Hubby now decided we need 10 more hens, before it was a max of 6 chicks. So if I have my chicken math right.... In order to get 10 hens, I will need 20 chicks. Can't wait to tell him that one! And he would like some dark eggs too, so Tab- plan on a few golden blue cuckoo Marans for us. :).

4. Kit-Kat

Kit-Kat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Oh my gosh, that's brilliant! I can't believe I haven't thought of that before! [​IMG]

I admit, I had a severe moment of weakness the other day and picked up some ducklings from TSC in Clifton Park- they're so adorable!

[​IMG]
    Apparently they're a sort of mixed bag, so I'm curious to see what I end up with! I really probably shouldn't be allowed to go into TSC stores during the spring...

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    do you remember the ad? If I have one life to live let me live it as a blonde?

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I really would like some Khaki Campbells that they have now. Dark and khaki. Straight run though.

Gotta ask. Has anyone posted egg for sale on CL and had a good experience. I've got eggs but not so many customers. I could use a few more to buy eggs.

7. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    yes. A few years ago I posted eggs fr sale on CL. Got a few few timers but also picked up 2 customers I still sell a few dozen a month to.

8. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Small world, because when I was growing up, my family and I would visit my Aunt Helen and Uncle Chip and also my cousins in Southington...

Hope things work out OK for you and your family Lynzi.

TOB

9. Tough Old Bird

Tough Old Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Sorry to hear this. I hope something great will come your way. Some times the old cliche really applies, when "one door closes and another opens."

Best of luck...

TOB

10. miquwid

miquwid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Honestly whatever you want, I do muffins bunt cakes bread pans whatever I feel like. Its one of my go too recipes that i use for everything! You can even make chewy cookies with this recipe as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by