NY chicken lover!!!!

Im located in central new york area near Auburn and am looking for 7 hatching eggs to hatch at the skilled nursing center that I work at. I myself have 6 chickens right now and love my fresh eggs!! Thanks so mcuh

Hi everyone! New here! I am looking for any and all advice for raising chickens in NY. I will be getting 6 chicks in the middle of March.
jumpy.gif

I am looking for 6 female EE (preferably day old chicks so that the kids can bond with them) Does anyone know if the Tractor Supplys in Central NY have EE?

!
welcome-byc.gif
TSC sometimes does - what they have varies depending on what the hatcheries send them. So, it usually requires frequent check-ins.

Im located in central new york area near Auburn and am looking for 7 hatching eggs to hatch at the skilled nursing center that I work at. I myself have 6 chickens right now and love my fresh eggs!! Thanks so mcuh

welcome-byc.gif
I'd be happy to supply hatching eggs, but Auburn is several hours away from us. So, there's probably others who will have some.

!
welcome-byc.gif
TSC sometimes does - what they have varies depending on what the hatcheries send them. So, it usually requires frequent check-ins.
Thank you! I am thinking about ordering them if I can find a place that is not going to kill me with shipping (which I haven't yet). I've heard awful stories about the chicks at TSC being handled by kids and unknowing adults. Plus I heard the employees really do not know why type of chicks they have. I'm completely new at this so I have no idea what I am doing lol

Thank you! I am thinking about ordering them if I can find a place that is not going to kill me with shipping (which I haven't yet). I've heard awful stories about the chicks at TSC being handled by kids and unknowing adults. Plus I heard the employees really do not know why type of chicks they have. I'm completely new at this so I have no idea what I am doing lol

Hello and welcome,
If you are looking for specific breed/sex I recommend you order from a hatchery. I have ordered from My Pet Chicken in the past and have been very satisfied with their service and help. TSC usually has some EE's but it varies from store to store and as you say, they have been subjected to stress/ germs/ whatever, plus they are usually straight run.
To get some ideas on care etc. visit the learning center tab here - loads of helpful stuff - and if you have questions, someone will be sure to help
smile.png

Hello and welcome,
If you are looking for specific breed/sex I recommend you order from a hatchery. I have ordered from My Pet Chicken in the past and have been very satisfied with their service and help. TSC usually has some EE's but it varies from store to store and as you say, they have been subjected to stress/ germs/ whatever, plus they are usually straight run.
To get some ideas on care etc. visit the learning center tab here - loads of helpful stuff - and if you have questions, someone will be sure to help
smile.png
Thanks. My Pet Chicken has a 15 order minimum so that's out
sad.png
. I will check with TSC early on when they first get them. Maybe I can rescue them in time before people get their grubby paws on them
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom