NY chicken lover!!!!

Quote:
I was wondering when the site says "processed through" Charlotte, NC at 7:53 if they really were processed "through" or if they're sitting in Charlotte. I do know they have to go to Rochester but how long does that take? Plus why would they gurarantee them by noon?

Plus I'm expecting the rest in a couple of weeks. I am excited and the weather shouldn't be an issue. Lord have mercy I receive my first batch of chicks ever on February 25, and there was snow on the ground. Everyone alive and kicking. All survived too.

Everyone ready for snow? Anything special you do for the winter? I saw a thing in BY poultry mag about using a "seedling mat" under your waterer to keep it defrosted. I'm thinking of wrapping a heating pad around the outside of my five gallon nipple feeders that hang in the run.

Well have a nice day,

Rancher

Quote:
I understand Spring comes right after winter. Is winter over yet?
hu.gif

Yesterday I was pretty sure it was. Let's see....we had fall and the leaves came off the trees, then we had winter with snow piling up a couple of times and water was frozen, then we had warm weather and did coop clean out....yup, must be spring.
smile.png

What do you mean that it's only December?!
ep.gif

Quote:
Last year we had 9 extra BO roos done. They had looked decent sized. They turned out to be all feathers. It was like getting back rubber chickens. I slow roasted them with herbs from my garden in my electic roasting pan and the meat was just falling off the bones. Turned out good!

Quote:
I think I am missing a RIR. Also, a Holstein, two Cheviot rams, an F-150 and two ATVs. Could you please return them? Thanks, Annie.

lau.gif

Ok
tongue.png
I can set you up with a few "random" hens and a man (sometimes useful
big_smile.png
) Not giving up the goats or the ATV's.

lau.gif

Got a call from the post office I'm off to pick up my gambel quails hope thay all made it okay... fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom