NY chicken lover!!!!

Tab's chicken obsession :

DH went down to check things out and both turned up when it was full dark. I guess they have my DH's sense of timing, late for everything. I feel much better now that they are safely shut back into the coop.
ya.gif

The babies are delaware silver ameraucana cross. We realized they are sex linked by their coloring. I like EE's they are so interesting and pretty.

Well I'm glad they're ok. FYI, My Del ee's lay brown eggs and one of them had to have her wings clipped cuz she kept getting out over a 4' high fence. I will cross them back to the Lav Amer. roo. The you can have them when I get some chicks.

Take care, folks

Rancher​

Tab's chicken obsession :

DH went down to check things out and both turned up when it was full dark. I guess they have my DH's sense of timing, late for everything. I feel much better now that they are safely shut back into the coop.
ya.gif

The babies are delaware silver ameraucana cross. We realized they are sex linked by their coloring. I like EE's they are so interesting and pretty.

So glad they are safe and sound!
I have sussex hatching! Just three but so cute!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Rancher: Did I miss how the chicks do?! Just wondering how they packed them?

Enjoy the day.
smile.png

Thanks everyone!
I guess what made me extra nervous was that my daughter let my beagle out when she went in to use the potty. I kept a sharp eye out for the dog the rest of the day and she finally came back. The dog then had a time out in her crate.

Quote:

Enjoy the day.
smile.png

Well right now there are 9 left. Out of 8 Birchens and 12 SFH's. 7 Birchens and 2 SFH's. Most of the SFH's were DOA. One died yesterday. I'm expecting a replacement shipment to be mailed today if all goes well. The weather on the East coast has me worried. If the USPS would move its' butt and they got here on time, then things would be fine.

There was a gro gel and heat pack in the box, but they USPS just takes so long for an overnight express these days.

Lord I hope they get here safe.

Rancher

My fingers are crossed for the little ones, Rancher!
fl.gif

I just got my check from the Schuylerville auction. The Polish boys went for six bucks apiece, which is pretty good - more than I expected. I suspect that they've been rehomed rather than freezer-camped (they might have made good stock, but that'd be about it), which admittedly rather pleases me, as I liked the goofy, poofy-headed things. It is MUCH quieter 'round these parts now, though, which is good.

One of the SS boys did try staring me down and dropping a wing at me this afternoon when I picked up a pullet. Sorry, Cockerel Dude, but Homey don't play that. I am Food-Provider, Treat-Bringer, and Law-Giver, and no bird gets to challenge that. So, I stared back, "puffed up" by crooking my arms up at my sides, then went stomping through the coop after him. That had the desired effect of an instant attitude adjustment, as he ran from me like his tail was on fire and his backside was catching, and subsequently avoided me like the plague. You'd better not try to call me out, buddy - DH thinks you look delicious!

Quote:

Enjoy the day.
smile.png

Well right now there are 9 left. Out of 8 Birchens and 12 SFH's. 7 Birchens and 2 SFH's. Most of the SFH's were DOA. One died yesterday. I'm expecting a replacement shipment to be mailed today if all goes well. The weather on the East coast has me worried. If the USPS would move its' butt and they got here on time, then things would be fine.

There was a gro gel and heat pack in the box, but they USPS just takes so long for an overnight express these days.

Lord I hope they get here safe.

Rancher

Oh, I wish you luck on the next ones:fl I take it over night doesn't mean over night?
idunno.gif
Do you think they got cold? I am thinking I want to get some chicks, but...
Oh, The third Sussex isn't due to hatch today..I forgot I put it in later...so two out of two~

Just got back from the vet - I love my vet and he's not an overcharger at all, but yowsa. So far tab $235 for a sick barn cat (and he's not out of the woods yet). Sometimes I'm kinda glad most vets don't see chickens so I feel ok doing it myself.
smile.png

6 bucks for Polish roos at schuylerville? I am so jealous!
wink.png
I got $1.25 total for my two roos I brought there - but they were just young easter eggers. Still, it's good to know there's someone there to buy 'fancy' breeds.

Back
Top Bottom