NY chicken lover!!!!

Just wanted to share some pictures of my gorgeous new Ayam Cemani roo. He's a stunner. Gotta come up with a good Halloween type name for him.
I'm no good at names, but he is stunning!

The sheen on these guys is so gorgeous.

Stunning!
Did you buy the bird from the calendar?

Lol, yes, he could be the bird from the calendar. Either that or the one she kept is the one who made the calendar. I should ask! His old owner is a friend and she just got into the breed this year but couldn't keep both cockerels.

Last edited:
Lol, yes, he could be the bird from the calendar. Either that or the one she kept is the one who made the calendar. I should ask! His old owner is a friend and she just got into the breed this year but couldn't keep both cockerels.

Awesome! How many do you have now?

Awesome! How many do you have now?

Well, now I have three roosters of this breed, LOL. Want one? No, seriously, I'll be keeping my old breeder for backup but need to find a home for the one with red in his wattles. Might try craigslist but it's a bad time of year for that.

All in all I have thirteen - the three roosters and ten hens. I'll be keeping more back in the spring of course (already have a promising chick growing out) but those are the mature birds I've whittled down to at this point.

Thanks for all the name suggestions!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom